+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: No Charlie Slater

If Charlie does leave then being the BBC it'll probably be a female *puts tin hat on*

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Charlie has always seemed keen to further his career, good on him. He's excellent at describing what's happening on the pitch, you're never left wondering which end the ball is at, or even worse, who has scored. He has slipped into lazy clichés lately, which have started to be irritating, but no doubt he could do a fine job in higher level games. He deserves any success coming his way.

I found the commentary difficult to follow yesterday. Dave Bracegirdle's style is perfect for cricket, but doesn't fit faster paced (well, sometimes) football, his commentary didn't have enough clarity and speed.
    Agree with this - I thought Bracegirdle did a decent enough job as a stand-in, particularly if he’s rarely done football commentary previously, but it was hard to follow or know who was attacking at times particularly when he’d talk about ‘having a shot at the keeper’ - not helped by the crowd being about 50/50!

Either way I think you only have to listen to local BBC radio pretty much anywhere else to see we’re massively spoiled in terms of the quality and objectivity (particularly something they struggle with for our neighbours) with Charlie and Stall. So I’d be surprised if that quality is maintained, whoever comes in for Charlie long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    If Charlie does leave then being the BBC it'll probably be a female *puts tin hat on*
    Alex Scott she does everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Agree with this - I thought Bracegirdle did a decent enough job as a stand-in, particularly if he’s rarely done football commentary previously, but it was hard to follow or know who was attacking at times particularly when he’d talk about ‘having a shot at the keeper’ - not helped by the crowd being about 50/50!

Either way I think you only have to listen to local BBC radio pretty much anywhere else to see we’re massively spoiled in terms of the quality and objectivity (particularly something they struggle with for our neighbours) with Charlie and Stall. So I’d be surprised if that quality is maintained, whoever comes in for Charlie long-term.

Yes and we're hardly in a position to complain if we end up with a complete amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Please not Notts commentatin'.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post

As great as he was pre and post game, when I used to listen to Uncle Colin (RIP) back in the day I had absolutely no idea what area of the pitch the action was taking place. Plus he had his classic retrospective approach to goals in games, seemed to go quiet and then tell you there had been a goal. Classic Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Please god nooooooooo!! I've stopped watching Football Focus these days because she's so crap.

Slater was i the cometary team for the forest game today

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Please god nooooooooo!! I've stopped watching Football Focus these days because she's so crap.
    Don't worry, we're not in her league

I thought the commentary was OK yesterday. It had that almost whimsical style that is typical of cricket and you didn't always know exactly what was going on, but I thought it was a pleasant listen.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast