+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini budget

Mini budget

Income tax down a penny from April.
    The only way to help ordinary folks or pensioners like me paying tax , is to raise tax thresholds.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Income tax down a penny from April.
    The only way to help ordinary folks or pensioners like me paying tax , is to raise tax thresholds.

Don't get why high earners over 150,000 will now pay less tax! Your be able to afford corporate hospitality now Mick with your savings

If Zohore pays tax on his £20k a week sick pay, he will be a least £40k a year better off.

I would’ve reduced income tax to 10% or raised the threshold at which you start paying tax as Lloyd mentioned.

As for the top end earners.

I’d probably leave the 45% tax rate in place but have a mechanism that lets people opt out of that additional 5% if they so wish.

I believe a lot of high earners will choose not to reclaim their 5%.

My own view is that this budget won’t change public opinion and the Tories are done as far as the next election is concerned.

Rather than borrow all of this money to fund tax cuts across the board I think the better option would’ve been to give a cash handout to everyone based on their income.

A direct payment to people is more immediate and makes it feel like a government is looking after them.

Totally agree Mick, this is a budget that will be their downfall at the next election. I have been a Tory supporter since the 80's but I am rapidly losing faith in this government. Only the higher earners will be celebrating after today's announcement, which is a shame because with so many low earners suffering from higher energy bills and soaring inflation, an opportunity has been missed to help those people.

Overall, I'm not impressed. This budget does nothing to help the sick, disabled or low-income households. It does nothing to create jobs, generate growth or stimulate the economy.

On the positive, it does mean higher income earners such as myself, will take home more money. The stamp duty cut means I might have a look at adding another buy-to-let property to what I already have - if it works for me financially (I've not yet looked into this). My property company is a Limited company, so that will pay less corporation tax.

So, whilst I think this budget is a disaster for the country, it will benefit me. I would really not like to be at the bottom of the food chain in this country under this Government. If you are poor or disabled, you really will find it tough.

And to disagree with Mick, I think the Tories have a very good chance of being re-elected. The gap between rich and poor will get wider and financial inequality will grow because of this mini budget, yet I really think more and more people now have a 'look after themselves' attitude when it comes to things like this.

To get some of the top earners to actual pay 10% tax would be a result, with all their offshore schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Overall, I'm not impressed. This budget does nothing to help the sick, disabled or low-income households. It does nothing to create jobs, generate growth or stimulate the economy.

On the positive, it does mean higher income earners such as myself, will take home more money. The stamp duty cut means I might have a look at adding another buy-to-let property to what I already have - if it works for me financially (I've not yet looked into this). My property company is a Limited company, so that will pay less corporation tax.

So, whilst I think this budget is a disaster for the country, it will benefit me. I would really not like to be at the bottom of the food chain in this country under this Government. If you are poor or disabled, you really will find it tough.

And to disagree with Mick, I think the Tories have a very good chance of being re-elected. The gap between rich and poor will get wider and financial inequality will grow because of this mini budget, yet I really think more and more people now have a 'look after themselves' attitude when it comes to things like this.

Sounds like your be OK Jack! Presume you will donate to the sick, disabled or low-income households you mention with some of your extra spare cash! Only this last week, I took a load of food to one of the Waitrose food collection points and just hope many high earners do the same as action is better than pity!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Sounds like your be OK Jack! Presume you will donate to the sick, disabled or low-income households you mention with some of your extra spare cash! Only this last week, I took a load of food to one of the Waitrose food collection points and just hope many high earners do the same as action is better than pity!
    Without going into too much detail, yes I do this already.

Perhaps now I should look to increase this.

Foodbanks should be a measure of shame for the Government in my view.

It's a Conservative government. What were you all expecting?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)