+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th official signing

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    You now a Taylor boy I see 😂😂.
    I always said I'd be one of Matty's Mates if we had a good January transfer window 🙂.
    By the way, what's happened to all those players you said weren't trying? Are any of them still in the team?

Just watched MT his interview about last 2 signings. Who interviewed him mentioned players in our midfield but sure he didn't mention Barlaser. Take it he's going if he does are we going to get a signing in to replace him?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I always said I'd be one of Matty's Mates if we had a good January transfer window 🙂.
    By the way, what's happened to all those players you said weren't trying? Are any of them still in the team?
    Tbf mellow I think the last 2 games the effort has been immense.
    Wouldn’t want to name players but one has refused to sign a contract and hasn’t been first choice for a while and the other could be leaving shortly.
    Last edited by Yak; 26-01-2023 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Just watched MT his interview about last 2 signings. Who interviewed him mentioned players in our midfield but sure he didn't mention Barlaser. Take it he's going if he does are we going to get a signing in to replace him?
    Haven't seen Coventry's shirt number, but guessing it will be 4

Tbf mellow I think the lady 2 games the effort has been immense.
    Wouldn’t want to name players but one has refused to sign a contract and hasn’t been first choice for a while and the other could be leaving shortly.
    going to 442, and the chance to play in his favoured position, must say something if he picks Peltier.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    going to 442, and the chance to play in his favoured position, must say something if he picks Peltier.

Can't see us playing 4-4-2 be too open in midfield. At right back we need someone better getting forward than Peltier.

Tbf mellow I think the lady 2 games the effort has been immense.
    I think I can work out who you mean and I'm not particularly surprised.
    It seems pretty apparent that the clear the air meeting between the players and staff was something of a turning point because we've seen a definite improvement in performances and we're getting a nice blend of pressing (which may be what the players wanted) and possession football (which is what Taylor is trying to add to our game).
    Long may it continue.
    Hopefully the new additions to the squad will see us go up another gear.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I think I can work out who you mean and I'm not particularly surprised.
    It seems pretty apparent that the clear the air meeting between the players and staff was something of a turning point because we've seen a definite improvement in performances and we're getting a nice blend of pressing (which may be what the players wanted) and possession football (which is what Taylor is trying to add to our game).
    Long may it continue.
    Hopefully the new additions to the squad will see us go up another gear.
    Agreed.
    Just been reading twitter and a lot are saying it’s Warnes fault we didn’t sign these kind of players in the past.
    I think that’s rubbish tbh. He would have signed these given a chance I’m sure.
    I’ve criticised him but to say he wouldn’t sign quality is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Just watched MT his interview about last 2 signings. Who interviewed him mentioned players in our midfield but sure he didn't mention Barlaser. Take it he's going * if he does are we going to get a signing in to replace him * ?
    Yes they are. Not guaranteed, still negotiating. Fingers crossed it comes off.
    Some will like him and some won't, some will appreciate him and some won't.
    Good signing if it comes off..🤞🤐

Agreed.
    Just been reading twitter and a lot are saying it’s Warnes fault we didn’t sign these kind of players in the past.
    I think that’s rubbish tbh. He would have signed these given a chance I’m sure.
    I’ve criticised him but to say he wouldn’t sign quality is just stupid.
    Not done twitter for more than 12 months.
    For every decent person on there there's 2 numptys.
    You already know Yak players come, players leave, some stay a little longer than others, same with Managers and chairmen eventually.
    Ask the one's on twitter that wanted STEWART out if they are prepared to eat some humble pie, a big slice preferably.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast