+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bodycam - Referees feel much safer.

Once played for a team where one weekend one of our players was unavailable at the last minute due to a car breakdown on the motorway

We were doing well in the league and needed the points so he was a bit of a loss.

Fortunately one of our manager’s relatives had come to watch and this kid was a very decent player so he was roped in to play.

Fearing the wrath of Sheffield and Hallamshire FA for playing an unregistered player our manager told him to keep his nose clean and if booked then to give the name of our registered player. “What’s he called” asked our ringer, “Tony Curtis” said our manager “ easy one to remember, same as the actor”

Well it was about 30 minutes in and our ringer ploughed straight through their winger, really put him in orbit. Ref was having none of it and got out the book”

“Name, son” said the ref, after a short pause our ringer replied “ Burt Lancaster”

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    Brin - did it for 5 years after I finished playing. Most thankless task I've ever undertaken in my life! Despite my tongue in cheek comment, I do have great respect for anyone who puts themselves forward for such a demanding job.
    Glenn good on you. I did it for 15 years then realised my old pit knees were knackered so called it a day. Have to say I had some moments with some players and crowds but, I grew mentally stronger the more I Reffed, loved it and miss doing it even now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Once played for a team where one weekend one of our players was unavailable at the last minute due to a car breakdown on the motorway

We were doing well in the league and needed the points so he was a bit of a loss.

Fortunately one of our manager’s relatives had come to watch and this kid was a very decent player so he was roped in to play.

Fearing the wrath of Sheffield and Hallamshire FA for playing an unregistered player our manager told him to keep his nose clean and if booked then to give the name of our registered player. “What’s he called” asked our ringer, “Tony Curtis” said our manager “ easy one to remember, same as the actor”

Well it was about 30 minutes in and our ringer ploughed straight through their winger, really put him in orbit. Ref was having none of it and got out the book”

“Name, son” said the ref, after a short pause our ringer replied “ Burt Lancaster”
    🤣 🤣 Grist that’s hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

hahaha.................don't tell him Pike.................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12