+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bodycam - Referees feel much safer.

Bodycam - Referees feel much safer.

It's a good idea but how sad has society become that an official requires technology to hopefully keep them from harm.

They don't record the whole game but in 30 second sessions. Hopefully when players see these they may think twice about abusing officials. It is hoped it may be run fully in the 2023/24 season at grass roots level.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65148085

Another half measure to make it look as though they are doing something

They are running all the time, but not actually recording.
    But at any instant a ref plays record, it automatically loads up from 30 seconds before the the ref pressed the button to show the build up to the incident.
    Very clever.

Clever yes but we’ve had the technology for years now to clamp down on cheats, divers and ref abusers but the authorities have done feck all.

Grass roots haven't got a zillion cameras all over though.

Perhaps they could carry pepper spray and an asp if they're feeling so vulnerable?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Good point

Could help refs in those games a lot

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    Perhaps they could carry pepper spray and an asp if they're feeling so vulnerable?
    Glenn ever reffed pissed up big misters on a Sunday morning? Or reffed where it's an aggressive home crowd and everything you do isn't right and you're approached by some at half time?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Crash, ''The FA says it does not want clubs to have to pay for the cameras and will look into funding after the trial concludes''

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Glenn ever reffed pissed up big misters on a Sunday morning? Or reffed where it's an aggressive home crowd and everything you do isn't right and you're approached by some at half time?
    Brin - did it for 5 years after I finished playing. Most thankless task I've ever undertaken in my life! Despite my tongue in cheek comment, I do have great respect for anyone who puts themselves forward for such a demanding job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast