+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Watford Post Match Thoughts

Hope they had a great day out despite the result. Great support. Made me think of Rotherham’s and say what you like about SE, he had the fans onside and in great voice when he was manager. Very quiet in the stands nowadays.

Add cafu and Ayala to the hamstring injury list.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Add cafu and Ayala to the hamstring injury list.
    The effort Cafu's put in over the last month,it's not a major loss.Surely Jamie Lindsay comes in for our next match.

If only we could get Steve Evans back....

Quote Originally Posted by Wing Commander View Post
    If only we could get Steve Evans back....
    I'm sure he would relish the pay packet.

Got to say that Lembikisa's performance was abysmal....again. Fed up of hearing that bullshine about him being a kid learning his trade. If Wolves are insisting we play him they can have him back. See how many goals it costs them, rather than us

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    Got to say that Lembikisa's performance was abysmal....again. Fed up of hearing that bullshine about him being a kid learning his trade. If Wolves are insisting we play him they can have him back. See how many goals it costs them, rather than us
    Exactly, how is he being told to defend and close down. We were apparently playing 352, yet he was close to the RCB. Even Watford comms thought we were playing with 4 at the back. If he was meant to be playing RWB then he needs to be closer to the wing.

A very unpopular opinion, but I feel sorry for the players. I saw a team trying and playing for their manager. Yes, they were too narrow at the back and got caught in possession, but they were simply playing against better players.
    Yes, you may get a new manager bounce, but to realistically stop up we need to spend about 20 million . I think TS now recognises this, so I will be surprised if he changes the staff any time soon
    A Wednesday mate of mine reconds only three of our team would get in a combined eleven.

Agree Jocksgloves
    Need a squad worth 30- 40 million minimum in the championship. Even spending 30+ we are only just on par with teams like QRR, Bristol, Millwall and Huddersfield....the teams we get upset about not beating
    Ipswich are a good example of money well spent and how far that budget could take you. Plymouth too as they only really have a squad like ours, so it can be done and no reason why we can't build to that in the future.
    70 million gets you a squad like Watford, Norwich or Swansea. Even that doesn't guarantee survival let alone mid table security

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Hope they had a great day out despite the result. Great support. Made me think of Rotherham’s and say what you like about SE, he had the fans onside and in great voice when he was manager. Very quiet in the stands nowadays.
    100% agree about the contrast in noise generated when SE was here.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast