+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Wrexham - Edited as a tribute to BOTH teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Willie-Wotsit View Post
    I've just finished watching the last episode of W2W. What a journey, and what a battle it was.

What I'm also so pleased about, is the producers edited it in such a way that it's a tribute to both Wrexham AND Notts in what was truly 'a battle for the ages' as Adam Summerton often commented. Now we're both up in the EFL, I'm sure you'll really enjoy this episode...

Top Tip: Watch it right to the very end!

NB] Really hope LW stays with you too, the grass isn't always greener & all that, PLUS I don't personally see Oxford as a step up for him - maybe in league terms at the mo, but for how much longer? Notts is the place for him
    Must say, the series has been very complimentary of Notts and the last episode was the cherry on a great season all round - Not sure it would have had the same impact had we fallen at the final hurdle, but kudos to the producers for the last few minutes. With the news that Luke is going nowhere, we just need a few bodies back / in to keep it going and hopefully see us both in league one next season 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Wasn't that from Notts County Zone, every Wrexham fans' favourite social media sensation?
    I believe so.

Just watched it, I never watch the previous ones.
    Absolutely great watch and you can see why it’s so successful with them weaving in the community.
    Just reminds you what a great season it was and how the clubs through it somehow became bonded together, fantastic ending too and I can’t even bloody dislike Mullin now as much when it showed his charity work with Autism.

I've just finished watching the last episode of W2W. What a journey, and what a battle it was.

What I'm also so pleased about, is the producers edited it in such a way that it's a tribute to both Wrexham AND Notts in what was truly 'a battle for the ages' as Adam Summerton often commented. Now we're both up in the EFL, I'm sure you'll really enjoy this episode...

Top Tip: Watch it right to the very end!

NB] Really hope LW stays with you too, the grass isn't always greener & all that, PLUS I don't personally see Oxford as a step up for him - maybe in league terms at the mo, but for how much longer? Notts is the place for him
    Thanks for the tip, will give it a watch. Any word yet on whether there’ll be a third season?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Thanks for the tip, will give it a watch. Any word yet on whether there’ll be a third season?
    Yep. S3 just been confirmed. Coming out earlier than the last 2 seasons...June/July I think.

Yep. S3 just been confirmed. Coming out earlier than the last 2 seasons...June/July I think.
    Thanks.

I decided long ago to avoid the W2W hype at all costs, but if we feature heavily and in a positive way, I might be tempted by that last episode. Perhaps I could just fast-forward to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I decided long ago to avoid the W2W hype at all costs, but if we feature heavily and in a positive way, I might be tempted by that last episode. Perhaps I could just fast-forward to the end.
    Watch first 10 mins too, more about Notts than Wrexham. Lots of interviews with Mecca, Cedwyn, Bostock and Williams -well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    Watch first 10 mins too, more about Notts than Wrexham. Lots of interviews with Mecca, Cedwyn, Bostock and Williams -well worth it.
    Sounds like they've been very gracious to us in this doc. We could have been painted as the annoying team standing in the way of their 'underdog story'. Fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    I haven’t brought myself to watch the episode about the game at theirs, but I watched the last episode and it does give us a fair crack of the whip. I still don’t agree with those who say they’d have preferred to go up through the playoffs, I’d have loved to have beaten Wrexham to the title.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast