+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 88 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    So he lied about interview.
    With all the different people arguing on here I'm struggling to work out which side some of you are batting for. As far as I'm aware he didn't lie about an Oxford interview because there was no Oxford interview, only that he was "interested ish" in the Oxford vacancy, that's what I was told by someone who knows Craig Short because I asked them why Short himself wasan't considered for it. The only person Oxford interviewed was the chap who they eventually appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I wanted IB to fail miserably when he went to FGR but I feel totally the opposite about LW. For both his personal and professional life, it’s a good opportunity and I wish him all the best.
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    With all the different people arguing on here I'm struggling to work out which side some of you are batting for. As far as I'm aware he didn't lie about an Oxford interview because there was no Oxford interview, only that he was "interested ish" in the Oxford vacancy, that's what I was told by someone who knows Craig Short because I asked them why Short himself wasan't considered for it. The only person Oxford interviewed was the chap who they eventually appointed.
    I’m on LWs side I don’t think he applied or was interviewed for one minute, his stocks too high for him to formally apply and it wouldn’t work that way, he would be sounded out by his agent if he was interested and then Oxford would approach.
    I don’t think they were interested, one because they had a target already and two because of the compensation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Its not a character assassination, we are just trying to establish who were telling porkies. Either LW or The Oxford sports journalist and the Athletic..
    It is possible that the journalists were given duff info. So maybe nobody lied.
    For Gods' sake I don't give a toss about Oxford the bloke is almost certainly going to Swansea. The worst time possible to leave a club. Half way across the choppy Atlantic Ocean in a rowing boat and he gets off on to a passing cruise ship.
    I wasn't keen on IB but at least it was after the season had finished before he left.

Yeah I wish him all the best if he has gone, unlike Burchnall or Allardyce for that matter. Last season means he’ll always be a legend at Notts.

Williams going

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...s-take-9012323
    What a turncoat. When he joined Notts wasn't he critical of how things were run at Swansea?

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    Luke Williams deserves this opportunity.
    I do feel if the club had addressed the defensive issues and automatic was a distinct probability, he may have stayed. His impending departure leaves me with the feeling he didn't think we have enough to get up this year, so he will take the opportunity whilst it's presented. I wish him well, a seemingly honest and genuine man who has done well for the club the fans and his players.
    You can be absolutely sure that if he does go, Langstaff and Jones in particular would be happy to link up with him in the future with Palmer another who has excelled under his leadership.
    What he won't have at Swansea is the appreciation he has of the supporters. He alluded to it last week, when he said we don't expect to win every game. I might be blowing our own trumpet here but Notts fans are a different class.
    Having had the pleasure of attending Swansea games, they like their North Wales counterparts are nasty whiny shysters with a massive inferiority complex.

Trust in Radar and The Bros.
    We are Notts County!!!
    You obviously don’t know much about Swansea then… most Swansea fans would opt for style of football over results. Swansea are reknowned for demanding a certain style of football… that’s why we got rid of Steve Cooper despite him taking us to the play offs twice… fans were never satisfied with the style - yet Swansea fans adored and still adore Russell Martin,

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...s-take-9012323
    What a turncoat. When he joined Notts wasn't he critical of how things were run at Swansea?
    Not sure about that. Personally I think it’s thank you and goodbye. Got us back to a decent place but hasn’t demonstrated over a period of some months that he can sort the defence out. Onwards and upwards.

Doesn't seem to be a done deal yet!! Compo to be agreed plus LW looking for assurances from the Swans board according to some of their fans

Why can't we be left alone. I was sooo enjoying this period of stability and genuinely believed LW was here for the long haul, that he was determined to oversee this project. It will be difficult to replace Luke but I trust in the brothers to hire a good replacement. I predict a rough few weeks until we get a new guy and can't see automatic promotion on the cards but still a good shout for playoffs. Hope this doesn't affect the players too much, they do seem very attached to him, particularly Macca.

Page 18 of 88 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast