+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I've just posted this on another forum:

Our defence gets a bit of a rough deal because although there have been some shocking individual errors, they are told to play a high risk game. We pass around in our own area and sometimes it goes wrong. When it goes right however, we play through the press and score at the other end. Luke Williams has been in charge for 72 league games. In those 72 games we've scored 172 goals and conceded 89, while amassing 149 points. They are sensational stats and the entertainment has been fantastic.

It was an alien approach to me as a fan of 53 years, but I soon grew to love it.
    Entertaining? Definitely. Massively frustrating? Also yes. We’ve got the best attacking players in the league and Williams has certainly let them loose. His failure to address the defensive issues, culminating in yet another fiasco at Tranny the other day puts quite a few minus points in the ledger for me. Some might say he’s been let down by the recruitment during the summer, but surely the whole point of the head coach model is that he’s supposed to improve the players he’s been given to work with.

I think Williams’ departure could be an opportunity as much as a threat.

Given the valid points made about the emotional connection fans have with clubs, it's understandable to feel a sense of betrayal, but really, I think you have to take anything said by most managers - and players - with a pinch of salt.

They are set up by the media's moronic questioning to have to say the 'right things'.

Fantastic support today Luke? What's he going to say - 'yeah, it was alright '?
    Of course he has to big up the fans.

And how are you settling in to this passionate football city? Well, you know, it's got some nice bits and a fair few pretty dodgy bits as well?
    Of course he has to say he loves it.
    As will the next bloke.

A manager CAN be passionate about his job and the place he's doing it in AND it still be just a job.

I don't really CARE what he does at Swansea cos they're not Notts, but I will be interested to see if he goes with the same principles and how well it works.

If Macca goes, I would feel the same way. I would thank him for his massive contribution and wish him all the best at his next club*.

* Unless his next club is Forest, then I'd hope he never scores again!

If Macca goes, I would feel the same way. I would thank him for his massive contribution and wish him all the best at his next club*.

* Unless his next club is Forest, then I'd hope he never scores again!
    **Except for own goals, preferably in hat-tricks

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Thank for I didn’t work for your company, we are not all like that, loyalty sometimes reaps rewards
    Did you feel the same when Jimmy Sirrel left us for Sheffield United?

Quote Originally Posted by Swansea.Independent View Post
    Our latest.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...ansea-**latest

We did a profile on Williams and Harley a few weeks back.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...tential-costs-

Cheers.

We are a tad concerned on his defensive strategy btw.
    Swansea have already conceeded more than they score so I'd be worried if I was a Swansea fan We have one of the worst goals conceeded in L2 and after Saturdays game doesn't look like getting any better soon.

How much compo did we get for our lovely boss Sam Allardyce? did some on here call him Judas, If Luke goes it's just the same, he got us up and decided to take the dosh shimples, but i agree the club is bigger than any manager.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Entertaining? Definitely. Massively frustrating? Also yes. We’ve got the best attacking players in the league and Williams has certainly let them loose. His failure to address the defensive issues, culminating in yet another fiasco at Tranny the other day puts quite a few minus points in the ledger for me. Some might say he’s been let down by the recruitment during the summer, but surely the whole point of the head coach model is that he’s supposed to improve the players he’s been given to work with.

I think Williams’ departure could be an opportunity as much as a threat.
    Totally agree.

Did you feel the same when Jimmy Sirrel left us for Sheffield United?
    But how many years did Jimmy manage us for before he left?
    Yes LW got us promoted but I somehow can’t see a mural of him opposite the Navi or a statue outside the ground.
    Just 18 months says it all. He said his time at Notts allowed him to become a chooser and not a beggar. It seems that at possibly the first opportunity, he has chosen to leave us. Not a good way to repay the loyalty of the club, it’s owners, players or the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    But how many years did Jimmy manage us for before he left?
    Yes LW got us promoted but I somehow can’t see a mural of him opposite the Navi or a statue outside the ground.
    Just 18 months says it all. He said his time at Notts allowed him to become a chooser and not a beggar. It seems that at possibly the first opportunity, he has chosen to leave us. Not a good way to repay the loyalty of the club, it’s owners, players or the fans.
    Do you think the club its owners or fans would have shown him loyalty if he didn't achieve promotion etc? Simply no. Don't work like that pal. If he has a much better offer and opportunity then he's earnt it fair play to him well done, thankyou and good luck. If it doesn't work out there he could be on the dole before the end of the season. There is risk in everything.

Page 27 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast