+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tom Weal gone.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    ...or we could be six points clear at the top.
    Don't be silly!. This doesn't fit in with the agenda that some here want SM and his stooges gone. I think personally they would rather see us lose every week than God forbid SM be a success.!!Crazy i know !.

It's clear from this thread that some fans will jump on SM the moment we lose a game or concede a goal.

Anyone know how well Books did on loan to Rochdale?

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    12 appearances
    21 goals against
    1 clean sheet
    Didn’t start last 4 games - don’t know if he was injured or back at Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    I heard just snippets online, but it sounds like he impressed as a shot-stopper at times, but his distribution and overall command of his area let him down. I think he saved a penalty as well.

He might be a decent backup option, but we need a quality, experienced GK to come in ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I heard just snippets online, but it sounds like he impressed as a shot-stopper at times, but his distribution and overall command of his area let him down. I think he saved a penalty as well.

He might be a decent backup option, but we need a quality, experienced GK to come in ahead of him.
    Personally, if we are going to carry on playing the way we do, he needs to go. I’d suggest that the no.1 attribute a keeper needs is his ability with ball at feet. What I find frustrating is that the number of keepers that struggle with ball at feet is frightening. The idea we can sign an experienced keeper who is good with his distribution won’t happen. We are so low on the food chain that any decent keeper with good distribution is unlikely to pitch up at Notts.
    We need to be looking at u23 keepers at clubs whose playing style is like ours. It’s a selling point for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Personally, if we are going to carry on playing the way we do, he needs to go. I’d suggest that the no.1 attribute a keeper needs is his ability with ball at feet. What I find frustrating is that the number of keepers that struggle with ball at feet is frightening. The idea we can sign an experienced keeper who is good with his distribution won’t happen. We are so low on the food chain that any decent keeper with good distribution is unlikely to pitch up at Notts.
    We need to be looking at u23 keepers at clubs whose playing style is like ours. It’s a selling point for us.
    This is the problem with our style of play. At this level, you simply can't find CBs and goalkeepers who are excellent at the basics of their roles and comfortable with the ball at their feet under pressure. If you prioritise the latter over the former, you end up with a defence that can't defend.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    This is the problem with our style of play. At this level, you simply can't find CBs and goalkeepers who are excellent at the basics of their roles and comfortable with the ball at their feet under pressure. If you prioritise the latter over the former, you end up with a defence that can't defend.
    Spot on, horses for courses

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Don't be silly!. This doesn't fit in with the agenda that some here want SM and his stooges gone. I think personally they would rather see us lose every week than God forbid SM be a success.!!Crazy i know !.
    I don’t rate Maynard at all and think he should have gone after those 5 home defeats, but I’m still about to spend 400 quid on season tickets. The idea that me or anyone else would rather see us lose is weird.

I’ll be ecstatic if he proves all the doubters wrong.

Call me old fashioned but what about a signing a keeper who can command his 6 yard box first and foremost and then lets worry about his distribution.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast