+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noni Madueke & Olise contact - Miggy on his way ooot!

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Speaking of Toney, was reading on an Arsee forum/twitter that he was asked by his agent what he wanted to do following his ban and he replied, get back into the England side and sigb for Arsenal . Not sure of the facts of this but apparantly Arteta met him in pwrson and took an instant dislike to him. He isn't going there.

Take from that what you will.
    Toney comes across as a right lnob so, if true, Arteta has actually gone up in my estimation.

Yeah the fan consensus seemed to be he is a good player but not good enough to put up with the personality. Solid player but not Ronaldo.

Would he improve us? Undoubtedly...but at what cost to squad unity.

Howe is very big on character and wouldn't sanction a move if he felt that a player's character didn't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Would he improve us? Undoubtedly...but at what cost to squad unity.

Howe is very big on character and wouldn't sanction a move if he felt that a player's character didn't fit.
    I don't know enough about his character. What I do know is that when he went to PSV he bought a house for his mum to go with him.

If I were him and Palmer has turned up at Chelsea, taken my place in the first team and become the blue eyed boy of the terraces I'd want to stand up for myself too. Perhaps not the most classy way of doing that over the penalty but size of the fight in the dog is not always a good measure of a lads character.

He might be another gem Howe can transform a la Gordon, a point to prove for lads hungry to stake their claim as England internationals is never bad thing.

Let's see how the transfer merry-go-round whirls and spins, see who is spat out where come August.

HWtLs!

If we want Olise I think our medical men need to take a close look at his hamstrings. He has had two serious injuries with them recently totalling around half a season worth of games missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    If we want Olise I think our medical men need to take a close look at his hamstrings. He has had two serious injuries with them recently totalling around half a season worth of games missed.
    I would rather we went for Mbueno from Brentford, I think he’s a better fit for us,

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    I would rather we went for Mbueno from Brentford, I think he’s a better fit for us,
    Mbuemo is less high profile but has the numbers to make him an excellent addition who will really make our front 3 a challenge for any defence.

With Minteh in the supporting cast on that side our wide positions will be as strong as they ever been in my life time.

We've had some great first team wingers / wide men, however, I can't remember a time when we've had 2 absolute murderers on both positions?

Yes Robert, Ginola on the left but not at the same time. Foxy Fox, Dizzy Gillespie and Solano down the right but again never played together.

Right now we've got Gordon (23) and Barnes (26)on the left who are both top quality Premier League goal scoring and assisting level players.
    Gordon is gonna be an England regular for the next 5-6 years for sure. Barnes has 1 cap for England if he can get back to the kind of form and fitness we know he can achieve he'd potentially also make that squad with Grielish seeming to be on the decline for club and country.

All that depends on Managerial favouritism with England, however, the point I'm emphasising is that they are of that level of talent, ability and quality.

Right side is a gaping chasm of quality.

We bring that side up with a player like Mbuemo, quality to match that of Gordon & Barnes in terms of consistency, availability and end product Gs and As with the challenge of young Minteh pushing for a first team spot and Murphy being the cult hero we have all grown to know and love.

That's a great prospect for any top 4 challenge.

After that, we just need a like minded Minteh type CF to push Mr Isak to new hights.

https://nufcfeed.com/newcastle-have-...-clause-607212

Looks like the club along with Chelsea and Bayern have permission to negotiate with Olise. That can only mean, we've fronted a cash offer that Palace are happy with. Great sign of intent from the club.

Whether we get him or force a direct competitor to spend big on the player is more proof that NUFC are starting to be a force in the transfer market which is going have direct impacts on the likes of weed Spurs and that cheap skate muppet Rat-Face in the swamp.

“So I’m very, very wary of clause talk, but there seems to be a deal that can be done for him. Like I say, those three clubs [Chelsea, Newcastle and Bayern Munich] have got permission to speak to him.”

Articles all coming out now saying Chelsea have pulled out due to Olise fincial demands.

But same articles says Olise has decided to go to Bayern due to the level of club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Articles all coming out now saying Chelsea have pulled out due to Olise fincial demands.

But same articles says Olise has decided to go to Bayern due to the level of club.
    If money is his God then goodbye..

His hamstrings will probably go lifting the suitcase into the taxi to the airport.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)