+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Question for Islay

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I would put last seasons league campaign above jockys 7th place finish and equal or a whisker behind his 5th place finish......I think both of those campaigns were 10 team leagues.....so 7th is actually 4th btm.

I don't think we shud be comparing Nelmsy with past leaders/owners.....we shud be judging Nelms and FPS against their own actions, promises and leadership.

I wudnae have been thankful to have Harold Shipman as my GP just so I cud have a GP.........we shouldn't be eternally thankful for Nelms because he hasn't led us into admin.
    Have to agree, it's a very low bar when not causing a financial meltdown or admin event is considered a success.

For me Nelms and FPS have delivered no more success than other owners have. Plenty previous owners have had us promoted and finishing out of relegation trouble and that's the extent of FPS' achievements to date.

I hope they can surpass that level of success in the near future now that they finally seem to have made a good managerial appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    What would you have rather had. Option 1 or Option 2.
    1. Watching Cannigia, Caballero and Sara playing for Dundee FC which resulted in Admin 1.
    2. Spending within our means which would have avoided Admin 1.
    That choice wasn’t available before Peter and Jimmy took over, we probably wouldn’t have team today if they never stepped forward

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdee View Post
    Islay is correct in the respect that we finished 5th under Jocky in season 98/99, then the following season 99/2000 did indeed finish 7th.
    Both times finishing above United, and you would probably say acceptable, when you take into account the yo-yo existence therafter, the Bonetti period excepted, albeit they never topped the achievement of Jock's 5th place, which is what I think Islay was driving at.
    Yes. In my opinion the team under achieved when the Bonneti’s where in charge especially with the amount of money which was spent during that period.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    That choice wasn’t available before Peter and Jimmy took over, we probably wouldn’t have team today if they never stepped forward
    How do you know. Prior to Admin 1 we owned Dens Park which from memory was valued in the Dundee Football Club Limited annual accounts at £4.5 million.
    Now we no longer own Dens Park and on 3rd October 2023 the new directors of Sandeman Properties Limited borrowed funds from Soho Green putting up the Dens Park Stadium as security for their loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    That choice wasn't mine. My role was to support the club whatever it was doing, through thin and thinner, I still do that even though I think the people currently in charge don't necessarily have the same hopes and wishes for the club that I do.
    It is a simple question to answer.
    We cannot turn the clock back but I am interested to know whether you are in favour of Option 1 or Option 2.
    I am in favour of Option 2 as we ultimately achieved nothing of note during the Bonetti era apart from the club living well beyond its means which resulted in Admin 1 and a subsequent downhill spiral on the pitch.

It is a simple question to answer.
    We cannot turn the clock back but I am interested to know whether you are in favour of Option 1 or Option 2.
    I am in favour of Option 2 as we ultimately achieved nothing of note during the Bonetti era apart from the club living well beyond its means which resulted in Admin 1 and a subsequent downhill spiral on the pitch.
    It isn't a simple question to answer because those options weren't available to me then and aren't available to me now.

How much debt does Dundee football club have at this current time?
    A rough figure?
    The previous owners incrued debts we were unable to pay back,hence 2 admins.
    Are FPS doing the same or are they funding the losses?

How do you know. Prior to Admin 1 we owned Dens Park which from memory was valued in the Dundee Football Club Limited annual accounts at £4.5 million.
    Now we no longer own Dens Park and on 3rd October 2023 the new directors of Sandeman Properties Limited borrowed funds from Soho Green putting up the Dens Park Stadium as security for their loan.
    Dixon was closing the doors, if Dens had been sold where would we play

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    How much debt does Dundee football club have at this current time?
    A rough figure?
    The previous owners incrued debts we were unable to pay back,hence 2 admins.
    Are FPS doing the same or are they funding the losses?
    The club has no debt, the Yanks have it, and if they walk they take it with them bar £50k

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    The club has no debt, the Yanks have it, and if they walk they take it with them bar £50k
    I suppose my other question would be could they sell dens and recoup that money?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)