+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I think a lot of people have looked at the next three games with hope that we will finally put in a good performance and result, I hope you are right. Think of the alternative though, take 2 points from the next 3 games and still be sat in the bottom four after 10 games!!
    We do have a core of very good players and that makes us think this can't go on for much longer. Football is a game of confidence and yesterdays game will do nothing to add to the players confidence.
    Evans is a motivation style manager and he has his work cut out now, do not under estimate the pressure on him to start getting results. There are rumours stated on here that there are issues in the dressing room, whether that is the case or not, it is clear to anyone watching the games, they are not playing as a team, we look disjointed and lack any real style. Yesterday wasn't about the result it was about how we played and how the team were managed, and that didn't look good.
    The facts are not good, 4 out of 7 with no goals, our only win came after the other team went down to 10 men (yes we played well before the sending off), only 1 clean sheet, set pieces are wasted (how many chances from corners and free-kicks yesterday?).
    So your positive belief is good but what have you seen that makes you so sure we will finally win away from home and to do it two in a row?

1. Evans only succeeds by throwing 90 players at it and something sticking.

2. Evans doesn't coach players to improve as individuals we're well versed in that.

3. Evans was about 8 managers down the pecking order. Has a club ever been turned down so much for such a position?

4. RUFCs problems run deeper than changing a manager. Anybody think it's even remotely acceptable that the guy head of dept concluded it was ok to spend £1m on a player I'd be loathe to get on a free, then be promoted upstairs just says it all how we're operating as a club.

RUFC are no different now to 40yrs ago. In fact no scrap that, we're worse off, we don't even own our stadium anymore.

Changing managers, as much as I can't stand Evans (including 1st time) is NOT the solution.

Most of those yesterday would struggle in my 5 a side team.

Failure after failure after failure. You know the saying. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

We are in free fall until something changes upstairs with the Board

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    I've mentioned Tiehi in an earlier posting, but in his defence he was given an impossible job by your Messiah.

Anti Evans w@nkers are creaming themselves again. I’ll ask you a simple question. Who better do you think we could attract? Remembering, we got Taylor as about the 5 choice and prior to that it was Jones who is now at the lofty heights of Charlton.

I’ll await your enlightened response.

Not sure where the claims of offside come from. Reece James was playing the Birmingham players on for both their goals if you look at the highlights on Youtube (I say highlights but it doesn't seem there were any from us worth showing in the 2 minute clip).

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestCorner View Post
    Anti Evans w@nkers are creaming themselves again. I’ll ask you a simple question. Who better do you think we could attract? Remembering, we got Taylor as about the 5 choice and prior to that it was Jones who is now at the lofty heights of Charlton.

I thought Taylor was 2nd choice after the Cambridge bloke and it was Richardson who was about 5th choice behind Nathan Jones but as you say we're usually left scraping the barrel these days and look what we came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    ....Reece James was playing the Birmingham players on for both their goals if you look at the highlights on Youtube...
    Exactly what I said when both goals were conceded -

Check it up CAM or someone I said give job to Morrison. Looked manager type players would respect. SE he's * it up altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by RU66 View Post
    Check it up CAM or someone I said give job to Morrison. Looked manager type players would respect. SE he's * it up altogether.
    We can all remember, you said it countless times to a point that it got boring like many of your obsessions end up. Morrison as manager just because you thought he ‘looked the type’ was a daft idea then and it’d be even dafter now.

Don’t forget, you were over the moon when SE returned, you’ve turned on him very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    We can all remember, you said it countless times to a point that it got boring like many of your obsessions end up. Morrison as manager just because you thought he ‘looked the type’ was a daft idea then and it’d be even dafter now.

Don’t forget, you were over the moon when SE returned, you’ve turned on him very quickly.

Couldn't have been any worse!

Yes at the time re. SE but not now like most I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestCorner View Post

Are you over 18 ?
    You can’t respond without getting abusive can you ?
    If you don't agree then fine but you really need to read a book on emotional intelligence.
    We all get emotional from time to time and get it wrong but you act like a ****ager who’s just been called a nasty name.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    You say this quite regularly Brin and it’s not true. Evans only has 3 promotions in the EFL. Two with us and one with Stevenage (It should be four but he left Crawley to join us before they were promoted so officially it doesn’t count) His other promotions are all in non league. Warnock has eight.
    Masbrough, just had another look at Evo's promotion records and we're both wrong. He actually has 4 promotions within the league.

Not counting Boston who he brought into the league it reads:

He got Crawley promoted in 2011. He walked away from their 2012 promotion for them to join us so only one with them.

Gained promotion twice with us as we all know.

Stevenage - gained promotion with them in 2023, then he came to us this season so, 4 league promotions in all.

For the official record, Warnock had been level with Dave Bassett, Graham Taylor and Jim Smith on seven promotions, but an eighth with Cardiff, put him out on his own.
    Last edited by Brin; Today at 05:42 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast