+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...l-11603401.amp

According to this article the appeal was heard in Nov 2017 and the original trial was early 2017

There was a player in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Poorer record at Sunderland than Jack Ross.
    Just sayin....

Also seems to have not had a managerial role in 7 years.
    I wouldn’t be holding my breath
    You’re back - not sure if you’ve been away but haven’t noticed your posts so much recently (maybe I’ve just not been on so much myself!)
    I’ve missed reading your posts giving the opposite take on everyone ever says (not meaning that in a bad way by the way - it always generates more discussion!)

The way the forum has been lately it's good to have the village idiot back

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...l-11603401.amp

According to this article the appeal was heard in Nov 2017 and the original trial was early 2017
    Both dates well after he left Pitodrie, let alone when he joined the club in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    You’re back - not sure if you’ve been away but haven’t noticed your posts so much recently (maybe I’ve just not been on so much myself!)
    I’ve missed reading your posts giving the opposite take on everyone ever says (not meaning that in a bad way by the way - it always generates more discussion!)
    Is there any value in posting to say “I agree with everything you say”?
    My aim is not to be contrary for the sake of it, but if I have a differing opinion, I’ll share.

I also often debate when some wish to slate the club with no justification at any opportunity, just because they can rather than it of any value.

It’s true I’m on here less. Consequently to the level of discussion you get in here

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    The way the forum has been lately it's good to have the village idiot back
    Case in point.
    Be better than that Mondo.

Is there any value in posting to say “I agree with everything you say”?
    My aim is not to be contrary for the sake of it, but if I have a differing opinion, I’ll share.

I also often debate when some wish to slate the club with no justification at any opportunity, just because they can rather than it of any value.

It’s true I’m on here less. Consequently to the level of discussion you get in here
    Good to have you back - I do enjoy your posts, even when I don't agree completely!

Both dates well after he left Pitodrie, let alone when he joined the club in 2014
    To be fair the date of the rape was well before he joined up at pittordrie.

Was he actually charged with rape or did the investigation ever get that far. What I’ve read is that the authorities discontinued because of the corroboration requirement. Was this the case that a taxi driver was worried about the state she was in or am I thinking of the wrong one.

Given that he already had convictions where he pleaded not guilty but was found guilty you can’t believe a word he says.

I think just steer clear of rapists and certainly don’t offer him and extension

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    To be fair the date of the rape was well before he joined up at pittordrie.

Was he actually charged with rape or did the investigation ever get that far. What I’ve read is that the authorities discontinued because of the corroboration requirement. Was this the case that a taxi driver was worried about the state she was in or am I thinking of the wrong one.

Given that he already had convictions where he pleaded not guilty but was found guilty you can’t believe a word he says.

I think just steer clear of rapists and certainly don’t offer him and extension
    I agree, the club should stay clear of rapists and any other convictions that would bring the club into disrepute.
    It would seem from the outside, he took advantage when she was in no fit state to consent.
    I think the laws may have changed since then which address this.

As it stood, he was charged and the trial returned a not proven (effectively not guilty) before he signed with us. Subsequently well after he left us, he was tried civilly and found guilty.

The timing was however he had been accused, tried and found not guilty, so to try and tarnish the club is plainly wrong, but some do like to try and tarnish the club whenever they can.

Point of note, for clarity as I’m sure some will need it.Anyone convicted of a crime which directly impacts the victim (murder, kidnapping, rape, peado etc) should absolutely get the book thrown at them. The punishment should fit the crime.

I agree, the club should stay clear of rapists and any other convictions that would bring the club into disrepute.
    It would seem from the outside, he took advantage when she was in no fit state to consent.
    I think the laws may have changed since then which address this.

As it stood, he was charged and the trial returned a not proven (effectively not guilty) before he signed with us. Subsequently well after he left us, he was tried civilly and found guilty.

The timing was however he had been accused, tried and found not guilty, so to try and tarnish the club is plainly wrong, but some do like to try and tarnish the club whenever they can.

Point of note, for clarity as I’m sure some will need it.Anyone convicted of a crime which directly impacts the victim (murder, kidnapping, rape, peado etc) should absolutely get the book thrown at them. The punishment should fit the crime.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...il-9670311.amp

This report says there was no criminal trial this would go with the civil judge saying that the victims evidence was clear and the pairs wasn’t.

Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast