+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 102 of 171 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1706

Thread: Have We Signed Anyone Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    That rule isnt something the league made up after the Salford game, our club and management knew that, so to say it impacted the decision is stupid.
    Not really stupid at all. More games he could play, more he could impress (or not). Being asked to make a decision on someone you've seen play twice or four times say, it is very different. We all say how we need a few games to form an opinion on players, no different. You wouldn't feel as confident saying yes or no on someone after 2 games compared with more.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    No room for sentiment I'd have loaned Wood out & kept Lonwijk here on loan. Wood says he wants to play if does want to play regular he'll have to move to a lower league side.
    Woods seems to be a sensible fella. If he plays then that means in training, attitude is at a higher level than all the other dentral defenders.

Here's the trick that could scupper his plans to play more games. Move closer! All the other central defenders raise their level to keep thir places. Inovating or what? I know!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Woods seems to be a sensible fella. If he plays then that means in training, attitude is at a higher level than all the other dentral defenders.

Here's the trick that could scupper his plans to play more games. Move closer! All the other central defenders raise their level to keep thir places. Inovating or what? I know!
    Steady on ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Still waiting for a positive post derby. Do you find it difficult or do you take positives from all the negatives.
    Get stuffed, I post a lot of positive stuff, stop targetting posters and focus on the issues, fed up with people that can't debate a subject to just have a go at other people. I openly praise the club for its communication and sharing the issues with loans, how is that negative? perhaps i raise a point that you don't like, the fact I do not understaand why we appear to be focusing purely on a forward via the loan system and not looking at a contracted purchase where we actually make a bid to buy. Both ladapo and smith came in this way and perhaps we wouldn't be going into the start of the season with only two strikers if we had made a play to try and buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Not really stupid at all. More games he could play, more he could impress (or not). Being asked to make a decision on someone you've seen play twice or four times say, it is very different. We all say how we need a few games to form an opinion on players, no different. You wouldn't feel as confident saying yes or no on someone after 2 games compared with more.
    but they knew there were only two games, it isn't a surprise!! So what were the criteria they expected to see in those two games that would have made it a yes? It was the club that decided to play league 2 teams in the pre-season, It just seems a waste of time to me and unfair on the player and his parent club, to say that it was the lack of games and the quality of opposition that impacted the decision, when you knew these things prior to him being given a trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    but they knew there were only two games, it isn't a surprise!! So what were the criteria they expected to see in those two games that would have made it a yes? It was the club that decided to play league 2 teams in the pre-season, It just seems a waste of time to me and unfair on the player and his parent club, to say that it was the lack of games and the quality of opposition that impacted the decision, when you knew these things prior to him being given a trial.
    I assume he would of had to have stormed the two games and looked brilliant in training. I suspect however, perhaps cynically, that he was half brought in on trial just in case the Hall deal didn't materialise. I may be wrong but it seems like an insurance move. Not overly fair but the nature of the beast. If he came in and looked head and shoulders above what we have however, I think we would of made a deal work. Bringing him in gave us the opportunity for that to happen and helped a mini injury crisis at the back. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Know I'll get some criticism but from these 5 Harding Humphreys Hall McCart Hull for the back 3. Got to bring some young players through just Wiles in Warney's time as manager here doesn't justify having a youth system. Kayode he's not broken through into the match day 18 when we have 4 forwards fit.

Gru you’ve just contradicted yourself Kayode has broken through twist it any way you want he’s in the managers thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Gru you’ve just contradicted yourself Kayode has broken through twist it any way you want he’s in the managers thoughts

Not the view of most supporters.

Whilst I've got your attention gru, remember yesterday when you boldly claimed that Viktor is a weakness? I asked you to point to the goals we have conceded because of said weakness from crosses. I must have missed your reply. Can you let me know, in your own time of course. No rush. He has played a sizeable part in 2 seasons now, so I'm sure you'll have a whole library of evidence. Thanks

Page 102 of 171 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast