+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

I can't believe this story and they wonder why they are in so much debt when you read stories like this.

Cardiff City FC actually used a plane and a coach to get to the NYS. Some carbon footprint!

They boarded a plane at Cardiff and flew to the East Midlands airport to be collected by coach to drive north. Things didn't go smoothly as the initial aircraft had smoke coming from one engine so they had to return from taxiing and swap to another aircraft.

That's just blatant snobbery and a waste of funds. Why not just use a coach and stop over the night before. The story doesn't say if they actually stayed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I can't believe this story and they wonder why they are in so much debt when you read stories like this.

Cardiff City FC actually used a plane and a coach to get to the NYS. Some carbon footprint!

They boarded a plane at Cardiff and flew to the East Midlands airport to be collected by coach to drive north. Things didn't go smoothly as the initial aircraft had smoke coming from one engine so they had to return from taxiing and swap to another aircraft.

That's just blatant snobbery and a waste of funds. Why not just use a coach and stop over the night before. The story doesn't say if they actually stayed over.
    Brin,this puts everything into perspective.Here is a club who have flouted regulations and spent well above their means on so many aspects.We are being criticised for not controlling the weather, where we suffered a monumental biblical rainstorm, that the pitch could not absorb.We employ a small number of groundstaff, who did their level best to restrict the damage.We have heard that a Welsh MP has demanded, that we should be deducted points.Who the hell does he think he is?Ridiculing our club saying that we could have had a larger number of people clearing the pitch.We do not overspend on anything at this club but it is the complete opposite at Cardiff and that is why they are heavily in debt and we are not.UTM.

The most interesting thing, for me at least, about Saturday's game was that whilst I am normally worried about a game I will always tune in to see it and hope my worries are unfounded. However, whilst I was in Brighton for the game, I had clearnence from the wife to tune in, I actually decided not to as I knew, based on pressure based 6 pointers when fighting relegation in my Millers watching career, how it was going to go. Watched score updates until they scored and then even turned them off.

More optimistic for the tough games coming up though - I'll be back on screen for those. Commiserations to those that went - hope we do better under the lights for the re-match.

They’re not very good at choosing airplanes are they?

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Brin,this puts everything into perspective.Here is a club who have flouted regulations and spent well above their means on so many aspects.We are being criticised for not controlling the weather, where we suffered a monumental biblical rainstorm, that the pitch could not absorb.We employ a small number of groundstaff, who did their level best to restrict the damage.We have heard that a Welsh MP has demanded, that we should be deducted points.Who the hell does he think he is?Ridiculing our club saying that we could have had a larger number of people clearing the pitch.We do not overspend on anything at this club but it is the complete opposite at Cardiff and that is why they are heavily in debt and we are not.UTM.
    Totally agree Bill,who do these people and clubs think they are? The ironic thing is if I set off in a car from the Cardiff Stadium at the same time the team coach set off to Cardiff airport by the time they had got there,checked in,boarded,taxied,taken off,travelled the route,descended,landed at East Midlands,taxied to the terminal,disembarked,got through the terminal,boarded the coach and found the M1,I bet I would be well less than an hour behind them using the M4,M5,M42 and M1!

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Well if we do nothing else this season I hope we beat them 5-0 in the return game. I have never heard such lack of respect from them culminating in some Welsh member of the senedd putting his tuppence worth in. I sympathise with the fans who travelled but I am totally fed up with people taking snippets of the action and fitting them to fit their agenda.

Everything I hate about sport is this win at all costs mentality.
    Totally agree Nard. It's as if this is the first ever abandoned game of football with 1 team winning in the history of the sport. Is it because it's Rotherham? Don't the media,Cardiff City,Welsh MP's and fools on social media realise that precedents have been set many,many times over many,many years? I think it is linked into this 'new' emotive society we all now live in where emotions come first and to hell with rules,precedents,facts and regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Totally agree Nard. It's as if this is the first ever abandoned game of football with 1 team winning in the history of the sport. Is it because it's Rotherham? Don't the media,Cardiff City,Welsh MP's and fools on social media realise that precedents have been set many,many times over many,many years? I think it is linked into this 'new' emotive society we all now live in where emotions come first and to hell with rules,precedents,facts and regulations.
    All very negative of them

Just consider the bright side. Instead of an expensive charter flight home they could catch the boat back.

Cayton pal, Why get it so wrong in the first place for the third game on the trot? Stop praising Taylor’s inability to start well from the off. I’m starting to lose patience with his softly approach hoping to change it if it’s going wrong.
    Exactly my thoughts Brin. The manager has got it wrong from the outset on quite a few occasions and has been forced to make substitutions to correct his errors.
    Surely he can see that Hugill on his own up front is not working.
    Surely he can see that the midfield 3 he keeps selecting has no bite.
    And surely he can see that starting with 4 centre backs is a considerable risk.
    I desperately want MT to do well because the alternative doesn't bear thinking about but the jury is definitely still out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    They’re not very good at choosing airplanes are they?
    Ouch 🙂

It might have cost less to fly than any other method of transport though.
    Look at the cost of flights to Europe these days versus what it costs to travel by rail for instance.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast