+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the media biased

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I think I might be on that list too. Used to get them twice a year. The last 3 lots were treated to a barrage of questions they couldn't answer to my satisfaction. Like you, had them at it for an hour or more. The last lot were 3 or 4 years ago. Seen hide nor hair of them since then....... can't for the life of me work out why

It might have been the 4 or 5 contradictions in the Old Testament I pointed out asking which of the 2 polar opposites was correct?
    It might have been their rule which gets female JW's to take ***ual assault and rape cases through the JW proces and not go to the police. Thier rules say if it's he said, she said then it didn't happen so 99.99999% didn't happen. Females who do go to the piblic are thrown out of the JW's. Why do they put themselves above the Law? They didn't see it that way....... so I said "might it be that you don't want adverse publicity?" They blushed and beat a hasty retreat.

Jodrells, the lot of them.
    Rattea would enjoy being cared for by them though

Just tell ‘em you’re a blood donor.

Isnt it easier to treat someone with such a name with warfarin?

You can't beat a quiet night in with a copy of the The Watchtower . I've learned they don't do conscription , they don't recognise Xmas Easter or Birthdays .

Yawn, lets all pile in on the easy hits again. Anyone who's been defending minorities/diversity in this thread and/or burnishing up their virtue signalling badge (ie most of you) needs to take a mo to reflect. At least TTR and Gunterry's bigotry is in the open.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    You can't beat a quiet night in with a copy of the The Watchtower . I've learned they don't do conscription , they don't recognise Xmas Easter or Birthdays .
    Nor do they accept blood transfusions, so if any of them get anywhere near that walking accident known as macstheman, we'd better start digging holes.............

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Yawn, lets all pile in on the easy hits again. Anyone who's been defending minorities/diversity in this thread and/or burnishing up their virtue signalling badge (ie most of you) needs to take a mo to reflect. At least TTR and Gunterry's bigotry is in the open.
    Oops...tbf, Andy...most of the comments were aimed at their beliefs and behaviour.

Personally I’m never rude to them...if I see them coming I might pretend to be out or just say ‘not for me thanks’ and close the door...but I do think some of their beliefs are ludicrous, as I do about much of organised religion actually.

Everybody has a right to practice whatever belief they want, BUT if they choose to knock on my door and start preaching then I have the right to tell them what I think! Again I'm never rude but its fun tying them up in knots!

I do often wonder why religion's are so often anxty about being criticised, surely if the "man in the sky" is on your side you've nothing to worry about?

Me thinks your being holier than thou, never a good stance!

Yawn, lets all pile in on the easy hits again. Anyone who's been defending minorities/diversity in this thread and/or burnishing up their virtue signalling badge (ie most of you) needs to take a mo to reflect. At least TTR and Gunterry's bigotry is in n the open.
    Not like you pretend to sit on the fence but usual fall off on to the right side of it 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Everybody has a right to practice whatever belief they want, BUT if they choose to knock on my door and start preaching then I have the right to tell them what I think! Again I'm never rude but its fun tying them up in knots!

I do often wonder why religion's are so often anxty about being criticised, surely if the "man in the sky" is on your side you've nothing to worry about?

Me thinks your being holier than thou, never a good stance!
    you have me wrong there Swale, im Christian by inclination but always up for a bit of a josh at my/our expense. no issue either with folk having a bit of doorstep fun with evangelists of any persuasion, im no evangelist in fact im probably a bit of a black sheep, ive gone toe to toe with local 'management' about such issues (and me defending) gay child adoption.

i would however sooner open the door on well meaning and polite but misguided folk that a guy with an oozy because id had a laugh at his Gods expense yet its the JWs that get the flak. although a different strand of bigotry its in the same orbit as those ' broadly non racist' folk i spoke about - there are cultural and racial easy hits too

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)