+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: January window

re: January window

players id like queens to try and sign in january smart osadollar is one ever since pre season ive been keeping an eye on the lad looks a find and would bring some much needed fire power to the queens team
    paul cairney from stranraer always a player ive liked when he played against queens actually suprised he chose stranraer
    steven saunders dumbarton a decent rb and can play cb

Wullie, totally agree with you, Smart Osadollor would be a brilliant recruit to our midfield, and perhaps we could offer Miller in exchange?

I don't want to harp on too much about bringing players in in January given that our squad played so well yesterday, - however Falkirk is a bit of a grudge match and I'm sure the team raised their game to show Baird, Kerr, McHugh and Muirhead what they are capable of, - while Miller also had a major point to prove.

We still need at least 3 strong, fast and mobile players to bolster the squad, - and the Annan lad would be my first choice.

If we get 3 quality additions, I reckon we would be very serious contenders for 4th spot and that alone would justify the investment.

The January window is thankfully just around the corner and hopefully Queens will take full advantage of this opportunity to bolster their squad, particularly if they are serious about aiming for 4th place.

Midfield is our problem area and 2 players that could make a huge difference would be:
    1) Annan's Smart Osadolor and
    2) McShane on loan from Ross County until the end of the season.

If we could add in a tall and mobile right back, we'd certainly be in the mix.

The above players would help us to dominate the middle of the park and provide ammunition for our forwards, who for much of the time are left chasing shadows.

Doubt the budget will allow much business without players leaving.
    Crowds have been so poor so consequently little spare cash about.
    4 th place is still an outside bet but to be honest highly unlikely.

Crowds have been poor and now the young team have disappeared Palmerston is like a library
    The feel good factor has well and truly gone . We're even struggling to take decent away supports to places like Ibrox & Easter Road .
    Some of the football on show hasn't helped this season but the club also need to look at themselves and admit several mistakes .
    Failing to back the fans after complaints of unnecessary treatment & fixture changes has come back to haunt them .

totally agree arrol ,and i can only see it getting worse before it can get any better ,the queens bod seem to have blindfolds on ,but these things have been mentioned for months now and nowt has been done ,the support will just keep dwindling away .

Can't hide how much I'm disappointed with the Chairmans stance on many major talking points and problems this year

The AGM could be an interesting affair

yes arrol the agm could be interesting if the right people were there to bring things up ,but its only for shareholders so i believe and how many of the people that are protesting about this are shareholders lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC
    yes arrol the agm could be interesting if the right people were there to bring things up ,but its only for shareholders so i believe and how many of the people that are protesting about this are shareholders lol .
    Your offensive remarks as regards shareholders do nothing to promote harmony amongst the support. I attend all AGMS and a wide range of subjects are put to the board.

If you have any queries why dont you ask a shareholder to ask questions or place them on here and I will personally put them to the board providing they are resonable questions.

theres no offensive remarks made admin ,i was just pointing out ,that most the people that are affected by the recent talking points aint shareholders lol .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)