+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble/Cooper

If he wanted to come back why did he sign another contract?

Quote Originally Posted by macse15 View Post
    If he wanted to come back why did he sign another contract?
    We dont need anyone else in central midfield currently but Yates and Grant are short term. If we could pick him up for free then he'd be worth signing. He certainly isn't worth a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    We dont need anyone else in central midfield currently but Yates and Grant are short term. If we could pick him up for free then he'd be worth signing. He certainly isn't worth a fee.
    The problem is when ( and not if ) Grant and Yates go back we will be short. If Nolan still thinks he’s worth having and can do a job then he will be worth picking up.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    The problem is when ( and not if ) Grant and Yates go back we will be short. If Nolan still thinks he’s worth having and can do a job then he will be worth picking up.
    I agree with the last 2 comments......IF he's free, pick him and let KN sort out his discipline issues.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    He would have been ideal in yesterdays game. Team was lacking any gonads in midfield, Grant wasn't in the game and the midfield went awol.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    He would have been ideal in yesterdays game. Team was lacking any gonads in midfield, Grant wasn't in the game and the midfield went awol.
    After having seen him go missing for 90 minutes at Field Mill in the 5-0 defeat a couple of years ago, I'd have to disagree.

Agree Grant was not involved anywhere near enough.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    You're right there, arnapie. Large gaps started to appear in our midfield after fif**** minutes, Noble would have got stuck in there and no prisoners taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    After having seen him go missing for 90 minutes at Field Mill in the 5-0 defeat a couple of years ago, I'd have to disagree.
    Methinks he was got at by Cooper to appear to be an idle thug so we wouldn't complain when he went for free and what else could he do but sign another contract? Possibly for better wages than we were paying, he is a professional footballer after all, I'd have him back.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I agree with the last 2 comments......IF he's free, pick him and let KN sort out his discipline issues.
    On that premise, we might as well go out and sign any midfielder who doesn't have a club. I can't see why a player who spent two underwhelming years with us and eventually got run out of the club should be welcomed back.

The reality is with Noble that he's reportedly as thick as two short planks, has temperament and discipline issues, can't take a corner to save his life and generally isn't anywhere near as good a footballer as some make him out to be.

Anyway, Alan Hardy has said himself that the ship has sailed, so let Noble go and find some other mugs to take him on.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Anyway, Alan Hardy has said himself that the ship has sailed, so let Noble go and find some other mugs to take him on.
    The way we kept upping our offer shows that Nolan was desperate to sign him. I'm sure he would have been made aware of Noble's temper problems and was confident he could control him. Wasn't it Nolan that looked after Andy Carroll in his early / wild days, and sorted him?

Unless Thursdays fallout was pretty serious stuff, don't be amazed if Noble returns.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast