+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Big night tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Read my response! Bilic through connections brought in Krov, Grady and Pereira ie the three best players. Dowling brought in Zohore, Austin and Sawyers as part of the recruitment. Are you seriously saying that we have anywhere near recruited adequately for Gayle and Jrod? These three strikers would not lace Gayles boots - - repeat! Robinson too is another poor loan signing.

I am glad you agree the Brentford manager should get Manager of the year on a shoe string budget and a strong squad in every department. Why is this?

Regardless of which division we are in - invest in youth like Tulloch and O'shea and NOT has beens which always have cost us dearly. Am I satisfied with recruitment - NO!!!. Am I satisfied with Bilic - yes but we need to get promoted as failure we take us considerably backwards and the opportunity missed will be greater than last year! That said - I am confident we will beat a poor Huddersfield team although less confident of converting chances!
    Again please read what I have written. You are asking me 'have we anywhere near recruited adequately for Gayle and JRod' Which bit of me writing 'Goal scorers or lack of them has of course been a major failure' is me not making a clear and concise comment of what I think we all know?
    In contrast you write 'But why wasn’t Gayle or JRod replaced? Surely that’s down to the manager? and then blame Bilic for team selections that cost us points. So you blame him for no goalscorers and team selection but you are satisfied with him. Why?

And to be Thomas Frank about why he has succeeded on a 'shoestring' is perhaps it because at the start of the season Brentford spent considerably more on transfers (£28m) than us (£18m) or Leeds £0.)

Quite was this has to do with what I wrote I don't know but you certainly have a bees in your bonnet about them.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 17-07-2020 at 03:11 PM.

We have scored more goals as a team than teams with a top scoring striker. So its irrelevant really. We could do that in the Prem too. Give them 10 players to worry about scoring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)