+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 216 of 366 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 3653

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    We are in a political wilderness. I cannot name one politician (whatever flavour) that is worthy of leading the country.
    Agree. The “left wingers” aren’t strong enough in their belief or ability to organise and control.

Mhairi Black From the SNP. At least she’s true to her ideals.

Two interesting by-elections today which might offer an insight into opinions on 'the leadership'. If Labour don't regain Wakefield they might as well give up, but Tiverton and Honiton looks an interesting one. The Tory MP who held a huge majority was forced to resign after being caught watching p orn (he was searching for tractors, honest!) in parliament, and now it seems to be a close thing between them and the LibDems. If the Tories do lose the seat, a few of their MPs in marginal seats will start to panic.

Even in 'normal times', (No covid, no war) mid term by-elections are generally bad news for sitting governments, so given the circumstances we are in today, it would be difficult to read too much into the results.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 23-06-2022 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Even in 'normal times', (No covid, no war) mid term bi elections are generally bad news for sitting governments, so given the circumstances we are in today, it would be difficult to read too much into the results.
    Even though by-elections are notoriously fickle, losing one with a 24,000 majority and a 60% share of the vote would still be pretty spectacular.

If it happens you may not read too much into it, but a fair few Tory MPs might.

Good to see mike lynch tearing today's nodding dog minister a new arsehole....!

I know several people who have different jobs connected to the railways, none of them like their jobs , but all of them don't want other jobs as the pay is so good.

I know several people who have different jobs connected to the railways, none of them like their jobs , but all of them don't want other jobs as the pay is so good.
    You say that as if good pay for hard working people is a bad thing ! What is wrong with UK voters where they are so easily convinced to vote for Eton Tory boys who are living lives of luxury when ordinary people are struggling. When wealth piles on wealth with little added-value all working people should be tearing down the system and insisting on better pay. Anything else is just forlock tugging.

But not quite as good as “Sir” Peter Hendy and his £600,000pa plus expenses (57p for a bag of crisps)… who works “tirelessly”

I know whose side I’m on… and it ain’t the government and the fat cats at the top.

If I was a betting man I’d probably say you’ve made up these people, but if not why do you think their pay is ‘so good’?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Good to see mike lynch tearing today's nodding dog minister a new arsehole....!
    Pain, and suffering is part of human life. As much as people try to avoid pain, the reality is that there can be no gain without pain.

Mick Cash, the RMT’s former general secretary, took home a total remuneration of £163,468 in 2020, including £1,432 in car benefit. Steve Hedley, former RMT senior assistant general secretary, had a total remuneration of £94,016, including £2,945 in car benefit, in the same year. Former RMT assistant general secretary and now the union’s general secretary, Mick Lynch, had total remuneration of £118,450 in 2020.

Looks like these lads managed to reverse the trend . Some people are more equal than others .

Page 216 of 366 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast