+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 229 of 301 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

What the mask morons conveniently forget, or just ignore, is that we all but eradicated this virus last spring, from thousands dying in March/April to virtually no one dying by June/July, and all without anyone wearing a face mask, they only became mandatory on public transport on June 15th and in shops/supermarkets on July 24th.
    and that because - the U.K gov (as others) made use of W.H.O's emergency use ICD codes - in that anyone could be given a Covid cause of death - certificate, even without one of their (not for diagnostic purpose) PCR tests....that which they upped the cycle rate to insane proportions in order to amass Fake positive results.

Lancashire's Director of Public Health,

"Lancashire advised to stick with masks and social distancing beyond 19th July"

They're not going down without a fight are they ? Can only be a matter of days now before another variant, more transmissible obviously, is ripping through the country.

"Your right BT I’ve decided not to even worry anymore , the thousands of doctors and nurses in our brilliant NHS and Witty and his staff we’re all wrong all along and you were right about all of this , it doesn’t exist and we’ve wasted time
    energy and money having lockdown - distancing - and masks ."

You don't seem convinced Army, you still have faith in Lockdown, I presume you just listen to what you're told, like seemingly 95% of the population, and accept it at face value. I presume you buy into the narrative that the January lockdown enabled us to get the virus under control, get on top of it and bring the numbers down ? I also presume you didn't check out the government website I put up a link for a few days ago ? Assuming you didn't here are some relevant stats for NHS England.

Cases by Specimen Date

29-12-2020...72,508
    30-12-2020...62,896
    31-12-2020...46,685
    01-01-2021...28,225
    02-01-2021...54,166
    03-01-2021...49,512
    04-01-2021...69,107
    05-01-2021...58,037
    06-01-2021...51,316
    07-01-2021...46,849
    08-01-2021...42,333
    09-01-2021...35,444
    10-01-2021...32,853
    11-01-2021...51,995
    12-01-2021...44,677
    13-01-2021...41,153
    14-01-2021...38,519
    15-01-2021...36,790
    16-01-2021...27,655

As you can clearly see above, according to the governments own figures, cases peaked on 29th December, were falling and had reduced by around 50% before the Lockdown on January 5th could have had any effect on them. You don't need to believe me, it's the government's own stats that prove you are being lied to when they say it was the lockdown on January 5th that brought the virus under control.

If the above doesn't convince you Army, I can give you other examples of where their own figures prove they are lying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Cherry picking by the Lefty media to ramp up Project Fear BT, this what the good professor also said,

"This is a slight gamble, it’s a slight experiment at the moment, and I think it’s justifiable and I’m reasonably optimistic, but policy will have to remain flexible,” he said."

So even Professor Lockdown himself thinks it's justifiable, but of course that doesn't make the headlines. it's just like living in Communist Russia, Pravda would have been proud.

Nop your reading it wrong again Sinkov as I said before , lockdown I believe was the solution to a problem when we had no vaccine and to try and reduce the spread of this , we’ll never know with facts and figures will we ? As we did have a lockdown and after that we are vaccinating people so the spread is restricted.
    Having said that it’s spreading again at the minute but without the deaths ( touch wood ) , the vaccine has sorted a lot of the issues out in age groups that are / were vulnerable.

At no point do I think the government aren’t stretching the truth with figures , but as I’ve said many times I’ve seen this thing from both sides and i do believe ( unlike some ) that this is a horrible thing for some people.

However Sinkov you have been jabbed and I commend that weather you believe or you don’t , putting others before yourself is admirable.

I do not wish to be controversial, but it looks to me that we are going with now is the herd immunity strategy, which is what we should have done in the first place.

The death toll would have been no different, the economy would be ripping, there would be no increase in mental heath issues nor extra stress on the NHS.

I can't wait for the "Enquiry". Heads will roll...

Reprehensible...

Sajid Javid, ‘As a fresh set of eyes coming in, the thing that shocked me most was the huge waiting list, and the number of people that did not come forward because of the pandemic. We estimate there’s some seven million people that did not come forward to the NHS to be helped with things like cancer, with heart disease. Think about the deaths that have been sadly caused by that.’
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 06-07-2021 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I do not wish to be controversial, but it looks to me that we are going with now is the herd immunity strategy, which is what we should have done in the first place.

The death toll would have been no different, the economy would be ripping, there would be no increase in mental heath issues nor extra stress on the NHS.

I can't wait for the "Enquiry". Heads will roll...

Reprehensible...

Sajid Javid, ‘As a fresh set of eyes coming in, the thing that shocked me most was the huge waiting list, and the number of people that did not come forward because of the pandemic. We estimate there’s some seven million people that did not come forward to the NHS to be helped with things like cancer, with heart disease. Think about the deaths that have been sadly caused by that.’
    His last statement is the interesting thing. These people who have died because they did not come forward to be helped by the NHS may well, in their last stages of life, been diagnosed as having Covid -----we all know what they died from according to statistics.
    Something very strange had definitely been happening and we simple members of the populus will never know the whole truth in our lifetime.

Lockdown, mask wearing, social distancing etc have all contributed massively to the reduction of transmissions - it's a plan that was clearly working.
    Vaccines are helping reduce the impact on those affected - less deaths and quicker rates of recovery which in turn reduces the spread- and a lower number of cases in turn reduces the likelihood of new nastier mutations.

Put that all together and we are winning the war against Covid in the UK so it makes no sense whatsoever to capitulate now - unless wanting to be popular is more important than following the science.

Churchill would never have surrendered to Covid - he'd have fought it in the bistros, fought it in the football grounds, fought it in the schools and in the streets and in the pubs etc etc until it was dead.

Can't believe these surrender monkeys are giving it a second chance when it's on it's knees - just to appease the populist vote.

Bring on the 19th July forever to be remembered as Surrender Day.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Lockdown, mask wearing, social distancing etc have all contributed massively to the reduction of transmissions - it's a plan that was clearly working.
    Vaccines are helping reduce the impact on those affected - less deaths and quicker rates of recovery which in turn reduces the spread- and a lower number of cases in turn reduces the likelihood of new nastier mutations.

Put that all together and we are winning the war against Covid in the UK so it makes no sense whatsoever to capitulate now - unless wanting to be popular is more important than following the science.

Churchill would never have surrendered to Covid - he'd have fought it in the bistros, fought it in the football grounds, fought it in the schools and in the streets and in the pubs etc etc until it was dead.

Can't believe these surrender monkeys are giving it a second chance when it's on it's knees - just to appease the populist vote.

Bring on the 19th July forever to be remembered as Surrender Day.
    A different slant that I totally get wanderlust, but if all of the lockdown measures actually worked why are SAGE now bracing themselves for a fast 200,000 new cases a day?

Perhaps Sweden was right all along - herd immunity from the get go? Now we finally get round to trying it.

Are you all ready for your THIRD jab?

Page 229 of 301 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)