+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 240 of 299 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    The historic event was you offering a pro government opinion. The only way you could have made things worse was by explaining your opinion, especially if that opinion has any depth to it. For what it’s worth I agree with you, they are doing an overall ok job, obscured by a few monumental fubars
    either the **** ups and incompetence and lies and mishandling, misleading etc. etc. are monumental and therefore indicative of how crap this lot are, or they are doing OK and are fairly competent. Not sure how you can have someone doing OK who has made a few major **** ups!

Pounds for peerages. Coin for contracts. Parties but not for the plebs.

Lockdown for Christmas.

Yer man did deliver Brexit but the way that's turning into an exceptionally expensive exercise I'm not sure that can be seen as a success.

The vaccine rollout has been a success...... thanks to the NHS.

Furlough was good, I'll give 'em that.

On Christmas, all the news outlets over here are suggesting that there will be an announcement this evening saying that, as of this evening, only essential shops will be allowed to open. That means food shops, chemist's and the offie. I'm also hearing rumours online that the UK faces a similar fate.....

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’m sure it will, AF...however this thread is specifically about ‘The Government’s Handling of Covid’. You seemed to want to portray my perception of such matters as out of step with the majority. I may be out of step with you and the other two Amigos however the recent results in North Shropshire and elsewhere would seem to confirm that there is huge dissatisfaction in the country as a whole with the way things are going.
    You and Tricky can try and belittle as much as you like and keep describing things as nothing more than a ‘protest vote’ but isn’t that what the vote against Corbyn’s Labour Party was? He’s long gone and Johnson will be on his way before long...as soon as it’s convenient for the Party, and it’s doners, imo.
    There's a big difference RA.
    Corbyns protest vote, was him and the Labour party. Gave them the worst showing in decades. They refused to change and got thumped.
    Conservatives protest votes, have been aimed through the Brexit and Reform parties and sprung them to change tack.
    I'll say again, Johnson was voted in, on the promise to bury Brexit and amend the EU take over. Those protest voters( from all parties I may add), gave him the majority needed.

Question now is, will they react, or do a Labour party and crap on those that supported them?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Truss? hahahahahahahaha

Sunak? Ah fond of billionaires running the country and arranging tax and other financials for their own kind and bugger the "ordinary guy" then?
    OK Mr expert.

Who should we turn to?
    Who in your eyes will have the country flocking to support them?

I await with bated breath

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    There's a big difference RA.
    Corbyns protest vote, was him and the Labour party. Gave them the worst showing in decades. They refused to change and got thumped.
    Conservatives protest votes, have been aimed through the Brexit and Reform parties and sprung them to change tack.
    I'll say again, Johnson was voted in, on the promise to bury Brexit and amend the EU take over. Those protest voters( from all parties I may add), gave him the majority needed.

Question now is, will they react, or do a Labour party and crap on those that supported them?
    A big difference?
    Wake up Tricky. In June there was a 25.2% swing away from the Tories in Chesham and Amersham.
    This week there was a colossal 34.1% swing to the Lib Dem’s in North Shropshire.
    Back in June the dissatisfaction may have been about other things.
    Last week even those on here who support them must realise it was surely about the dishonesty, hypocrisy, corruption and incompetence that has been in evidence from Johnson and his ‘chums’.
    The swing away from Labour was because people didn’t like what Corbyn represented. They don’t like sleaze and lies either and that is what Johnson has, imo, always been synonymous with.

A big difference?
    Wake up Tricky. In June there was a 25.2% swing away from the Tories in Chesham and Amersham.
    This week there was a colossal 34.1% swing to the Lib Dem’s in North Shropshire.
    Back in June the dissatisfaction may have been about other things.
    Last week even those on here who support them must realise it was surely about the dishonesty, hypocrisy, corruption and incompetence that has been in evidence from Johnson and his ‘chums’.
    The swing away from Labour was because people didn’t like what Corbyn represented. They don’t like sleaze and lies either and that is what Johnson has, imo, always been synonymous with.
    You what?
    You think the Labour trouncing was just about Corbyn?
    The whole party stance on Brexit/ the armed forces/ the Jews/ the shadow cabinet had nothing to do with it then?

When Tories swing to Labour in the same way as Labour voters did to the Tories, then you'd have a point.
    The Lib Dems are a joke vote. No one has forgot free education and I'm going reverse Brexit unilaterrally stances.

Your points are all wishful thinking RA. Your blind hatred clouds whats under your nose at times.

Labour refused to remove Corbyn(momentum)
    The Tories will remove Johnson in the same way as they did May if they have to,

As said before. -
    Sort Brexit/ the migrant invasion/ and abandon this green farce and it will be forgotton.
    It always is, because sleeze runs all the way through British politics. Pick a party, I'll show you something.
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 18-12-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    You what?
    You think the Labour trouncing was just about Corbyn?
    The whole party stance on Brexit/ the armed forces/ the Jews/ the shadow cabinet had nothing to do with it then?

When Tories swing to Labour in the same way as Labour voters did to the Tories, then you'd have a point.
    The Lib Dems are a joke vote. No one has forgot free education and I'm going reverse Brexit unilaterrally stances.

Your points are all wishful thinking RA. Your blind hatred clouds whats under your nose at times.

Labour refused to remove Corbyn(momentum)
    The Tories will remove Johnson in the same way as they did May if they have to,

As said before. -
    Sort Brexit/ the migrant invasion/ and abandon this green farce and it will be forgotton.
    It always is, because sleeze runs all the way through British politics. Pick a party, I'll show you something.
    Lol...I give up.
    Wishful thinking? In what way? Have I imagined the last few by-election swings?
    My ‘blind hatred’? I ‘hate’ very, very few, Tricky. Yes, I have complete contempt for Johnson and his cronies, but not ‘blind hatred’ and...as GP has already been quick to point out...I don’t live in North Shropshire, Chesham or Amersham. Possibly you need to look a little further through those ‘clouds’ beneath your own nose.

As for sorting Brexit...is that possible?
    The ‘Green farce’...sounds like you’re in denial on that one.
    The ‘migrant invasion’...there is no such thing, think you’re confusing it with a crisis of displaced people/refugees...and as regards ‘pick a party sleaze’...I’m sure you’re right and that every politician from every other party isn’t always squeaky clean...but at this moment the sleaze, corruption, hypocrisy and lies are coming from one Party. Unfortunately for all of us, it’s the Party of Government.

P.S. Shouldn’t you have better things to do in Thailand?

I’m sure it will, AF...however this thread is specifically about ‘The Government’s Handling of Covid’. You seemed to want to portray my perception of such matters as out of step with the majority. I may be out of step with you and the other two Amigos however the recent results in North Shropshire and elsewhere would seem to confirm that there is huge dissatisfaction in the country as a whole with the way things are going.
    You and Tricky can try and belittle as much as you like and keep describing things as nothing more than a ‘protest vote’ but isn’t that what the vote against Corbyn’s Labour Party was? He’s long gone and Johnson will be on his way before long...as soon as it’s convenient for the Party, and it’s doners, imo.
    "He’s long gone and Johnson will be on his way before long...as soon as it’s convenient for the Party, and it’s doners, imo."

I don't doubt that Johnson is sat in the departure lounge, although it may well be expedient to let him ride out Omicron and appoint the successor in the spring. Will be amusing to see the futile Starmer demands for an election ignored.

What I don't get is why kebab shop operators hold the key to the timing of his departure. 😀

Lol...I give up.
    Wishful thinking? In what way? Have I imagined the last few by-election swings?
    My ‘blind hatred’? I ‘hate’ very, very few, Tricky. Yes, I have complete contempt for Johnson and his cronies, but not ‘blind hatred’ and...as GP has already been quick to point out...I don’t live in North Shropshire, Chesham or Amersham. Possibly you need to look a little further through those ‘clouds’ beneath your own nose.

As for sorting Brexit...is that possible?
    The ‘Green farce’...sounds like you’re in denial on that one.
    The ‘migrant invasion’...there is no such thing, think you’re confusing it with a crisis of displaced people/refugees...and as regards ‘pick a party sleaze’...I’m sure you’re right and that every politician from every other party isn’t always squeaky clean...but at this moment the sleaze, corruption, hypocrisy and lies are coming from one Party. Unfortunately for all of us, it’s the Party of Government.

P.S. Shouldn’t you have better things to do in Thailand?
    displaced/ refugees? hilarious

Don't worry about me.
    I've just left a beach BBQ and sat in a bar to watch some footy.
    Catching up on the lemon trail in here.

Just like the USA, the republicans had done a decent job last term. But the blind hatred of Trump, over shadowed everything.
    Now look at the idiot in charge. Be careful what you wish for.
    You voted for Corbyn/Abbott/McDonnall/Thornberry last time.
    My god, it doesn't bear think about.

I wasn't aiming to belittle rA, just offering my opinion, I'm actually trying to offer a bit more ying and yang to my responses, doesn't seem to be having much impact but I'll plug away. In a continued attempt to do that, there was a fellah being interviewed on BBC Breakfast this am who believed the Pooliss should be involved in the investigation into the Downing street (etc) party shenanigans, and that due process should take its course, despite the timescale - making the cutting comment to dear old Charlie that ALL police investigations relate to matters that have happened in the past...Now, I'm 100% with him on that whoever is 'fingered' for any crime, hopefully we can agree on that one.

Page 240 of 299 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)