+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccines

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I haven't had the 2nd one yet Norder, if there aren't any holidays to be had, then I might not be having the 2nd one. I'll have to see on Monday, is Boris going to be back in charge, or is he going to allow the Mad Scientists of Sage to continue wrecking the country ?
    I still think it will be the travel industry that insists on them, I don't think any Cruise Line is too fussed about attracting BAMEs, it's gimmers like me with more money than sense, and not too many years left to spend it, they're interested in.

"it's gimmers like me with more money than sense"

That half sentence will be stored in evidence and forever used against you sinkov.

Encouraging news in the Jerusalem post this morning. https://www.jpost.com

Coronavirus: Infection down 75% after first Pfizer shot.

“This is the first study assessing effectiveness of a single vaccine dose in real life conditions."
    Data released by Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer on Friday showed that coronavirus infections were reduced by 75% after the first dose of the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine.

The data, published in the peer-reviewed Lancet medical journal, centered on a study of around 9,000 Sheba healthcare workers, around 7,000 of which received their first dose in January. Sheba’s team found a 75% decrease in all infections and an 85% reduction in symptomatic infections between 15-28 days after vaccination.

According to Prof. Gili Regev-Yochay, director of the hospital’s Infectious Disease Epidemiology Unit, only 170 people became infected during the two week period. Of those who contracted the virus, 99 showed symptoms. Eighty-nine of the sick were unvaccinated.
    “In real life, the data looks at least as good as in the clinical trials,” Regev-Yochay said. “The first dose is even more effective than we thought.”

She said the hospital is now completing research on the impact of the second dose, which she said researchers still believe is essential. However, she noted that the research supports the British government’s decision to spread out the time between the first and second shots of the vaccine in order to inoculate more people.

taiwan:
    Researchers have uncovered accounts from the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) scientists and applications for patents for bat breeding that refute World Health Organization (WHO) inspector Peter Daszak's claims that the lab does not house live bats captured in the wild.

An international network of researchers and scientists investigating the origins of the coronavirus pandemic who call themselves DRASTIC (Decentralized Radical Autonomous Search Team Investigating COVID-19) have found evidence from Chinese media reports that in fact the WIV scientists captured bats alive and kept them inside the lab. The lab has also filed two patents for cages to be used in bat breeding and one for lab accidents just before the start of the pandemic.

British zoologist and the president of EcoHealth Alliance Peter Daszak is the only individual to be part of both the WHO and The Lancet teams investigating the origins of the Wuhan coronavirus pandemic. However, he has long-term professional and financial ties with the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) spanning two decades and valued in the millions of dollars, which represents a conflict of interest.

On Dec. 10 of last year, the Independent published an article alleging that the U.S. National Institutes of Health provided US$3.7 million in funding to the WIV to study bats carrying viruses similar to SARS in Yunnan Province. The article reported that WIV scientists captured the bats and sent them to the Wuhan lab for analysis.

That same day, Daszak took umbrage with the claim that the bats had been captured and transported to the WIV and posted a tweet, in which he wrote "No BATS were 'sent to Wuhan lab for genetic analyses of viruses collected in the field.'" He then added, "That's not how this science works. We collect bat samples, send them to the lab. We RELEASE bats where we catch them!"

If Daszak has that conflict of interest what was the WHO doing in using him in their investigation? It stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    "it's gimmers like me with more money than sense"

That half sentence will be stored in evidence and forever used against you sinkov.
    Am I supposed to worry about that ? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    If Daszak has that conflict of interest what was the WHO doing in using him in their investigation? It stinks.
    The whole WHO set up stinks Chris, their Wuhan Lab whitewash was ludicrous. The Donald got a lot wrong, but he got it right when he withdrew American funding from them. But so many still take them seriously, which is how China likes it.

Am I supposed to worry about that ? I don't think so.
    A loaded gimmer sounds fecking dangerous to me sinkov.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A loaded gimmer sounds fecking dangerous to me sinkov.
    Viking Cruises and Cunard don't think so BT, the brochures just keep on coming. They must love me.

The whole WHO set up stinks Chris, their Wuhan Lab whitewash was ludicrous. The Donald got a lot wrong, but he got it right when he withdrew American funding from them. But so many still take them seriously, which is how China likes it.
    WHO & the UN are the planet's greatest danger, both are seriously overfunded and totally fecking useless. I never agreed with much the Orange Buffoon came out with but he was bob on with the WHO.

I read somewhere recently that UN delegates fill up the TRUMP hotel(s) in New York paying exorbitant rates, so he leaves them alone. Never one to pass up an honest buck is Donald.

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)