+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 signings announced

When the goalkeeper signed, you could hear a Pindroch!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Just a few questions for you.

Would Bird be better on the wing?

Did we sign him on a hire perches agreement?

Does he tend to tweet a lot?

Does he enjoy fat balls?
    Lost for words

I had high hopes during the close season:

Wow signings
    Top 7 budget
    Playoffs is the aim

Really ?
    When is that starting then ?

My enthusiasm has just nose dived

what signings for other d2 teams have people impressed with? I'm not saying what we signed look great but I've not seen many we missed out on

Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    Lost for words

I had high hopes during the close season:

Wow signings
    Top 7 budget
    Playoffs is the aim

Really ?
    When is that starting then ?

My enthusiasm has just nose dived
    Can't believe people get so worked up about a few optimistic pre-season statements. It's what they all do - if you can find any club in any division that has officially said "We expect a struggle this season. Other clubs have more cash and much stronger squads so we can only expect a relegation battle", then I'll bare my arse as half time entertainment.

Every signing made so far could be a WOW signing in AH's opinion.
    Last edited by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH; 31-07-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Can't believe people get so worked up about a few optimistic pre-season statements. It's what they all do - if you can find any club in any division that has officially said "We expect a struggle this season. Other clubs have more cash and much stronger squads so we can only expect a relegation battle", then I'll bare my arse as half time entertainment.
    I can think of a few words to describe that EP but entertainment isn't one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Can't believe people get so worked up about a few optimistic pre-season statements..
    Really? AH came in bumping his gums about what he was going to do and slagging off everyone prior to his arrival. He has successfully proven himself to be as empty with his promises as RT. No problem with financial limitations and all that involves, he should have just kept his trap shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    We've signed Saunders because..
    We are pleased to have him here. I have spoken to his dad, Dean, a lot and he said Callum just needs a chance.
    Dads wouldn't be biased about their kids would they? He just got a chance last season and ended up released for the record!

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Really? AH came in bumping his gums about what he was going to do and slagging off everyone prior to his arrival. He has successfully proven himself to be as empty with his promises as RT. No problem with financial limitations and all that involves, he should have just kept his trap shut.
    Whilst AH appears to have learnt already to be a bit more guarded on wow news type events when are people going to understand that it is NOT AH who signs the players or even decides if they are the ones who come to the club. That will be down to Kevin Nolan and Jason Turner. AH is merely ( oh the irony) the money man. He probably ticks a few boxes but if they are in budget and available its really nothing to do with him other than his slightly disastrous PR stunts.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Really? AH came in bumping his gums about what he was going to do and slagging off everyone prior to his arrival. He has successfully proven himself to be as empty with his promises as RT.
    That's the way footy clubs work. I'm surprised someone of your age hasn't worked that out by now.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast