+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble/Cooper

People seem to have memory problems re: Noble. He was the master of disappearing from games after 20 minutes or suddenly having a "busy" 10 or 15 minutes in the 2nd half. He scored a few spectacular goals. Apart from that, he was generally fairly ineffective & gave a lot of free kicks away, got cards for fun & was not this dominant midfielder some seem to recall.

He is simply not as good as Yates, lacks Milsom's composure and guile but he offers a bit of grit and a decent shot! Not sure why we would want to pursue him as vigorously as we did before but I believe he would be decent enough cover if we lost the loanees. He trains a huge risk IMO and I am indifferent about his return. No problem if he does, not bothered if he doesn't.

Cooper, as I stated many times before, was a poor appointment for us - in the Kiwomya, Moniz, Fullarton & Sheridan bracket - he is probably one of the worst 6 or 7 managers we have ever had, and we have have had some shockers. I would disregard any opinion he had on any player, at any time.

I don't think anything could happen until January anyway, even if the club wanted it too.

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    I don't think anything could happen until January anyway, even if the club wanted it too.
    Free agents can sign anytime

Pre season I would have taken him. Not now.
    We have Yates, Milsom, Hewitt, Thompson, Walker and O'Connor to come back.
    Walker is yet to prove himself but I'd select all the others ahead of Noble.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Free agents can sign anytime
    I thought they had to be free agents at the time of the transfer window closing though?

Transfer window would be pointless otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    On that premise, we might as well go out and sign any midfielder who doesn't have a club. I can't see why a player who spent two underwhelming years with us and eventually got run out of the club should be welcomed back.

The reality is with Noble that he's reportedly as thick as two short planks, has temperament and discipline issues, can't take a corner to save his life and generally isn't anywhere near as good a footballer as some make him out to be.

Anyway, Alan Hardy has said himself that the ship has sailed, so let Noble go and find some other mugs to take him on.
    Couldn't agree more. Noble is a waste of space and time. Would sooner have Hawking, sorry, Hawkridge. Didn't want him back, don't want him back.

Alan Hardy‏Verified account @Bigalanh5 15h15 hours ago
    More Alan Hardy Retweeted Josh
    I heard on Thursday that was the case.Alan Hardy added,
    Josh @JTidy_
    @Bigalanh5 Reports claiming that Noble is going to leave Forest Green becuase he had a bust up with Cooper. Are we still interested in him?!
    16 replies 0 retweets 14 likes
    Reply 16 Retweet Like 14 Direct message

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Cooper, as I stated many times before, was a poor appointment for us - in the Kiwomya, Moniz, Fullarton & Sheridan bracket - he is probably one of the worst 6 or 7 managers we have ever had, and we have have had some shockers. I would disregard any opinion he had on any player, at any time.
    To be fair to him, no manager has joined Notts in anything like the toxic atmosphere there was at the time. He was brought in on a short term contract to keep us up, which he did, we could have lost our league status under somebody else.

I would get Noble back in, think he would do well in this team. Nolan obviously did as well, and there's been nowt wrong with his judgment so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I would get Noble back in, think he would do well in this team. Nolan obviously did as well, and there's been nowt wrong with his judgment so far.
    Thank goodness someone else thinks this. I'd have him back in a heartbeat if KN believes in his own ability to man-manage LN.

Joseph Leivers
    Replying to @Bigalanh5

In his last performance as a @Official_NCFC player I was ashamed We've moved on and certainly don't need him

Reply from Alan Hardy:

That boat has sailed, don’t worry

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast