+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Should he stay or should he go? WARNING - POLITICAL THREAD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    More whataboutery.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    That story says that he carried the virus to Skye and that is more than likely not true, but the truth is, and can not be disputed, is that he drove 600 miles and went in to isolation. Why didn't he do that in his London home? as he had no kids to look after.

So it is ok for him to drive 600 miles during lockdown? is that what you are saying?

This is not about Boris or Cummings, but about Blackford and if he should resign for doing what Cummings did and that is drive for many hours during lockdown?
    Parliament closed down, Blackford went home. That is literally the ‘story’.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Parliament closed down, Blackford went home. That is literally the ‘story’.
    3 days after lockdown started and Cummings drove a day later. So what is the problem?
    Last edited by Disturbed; 28-05-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Emiliy Maitlis has influence by being a journalist, documentary filmmaker and newsreader for the BBC.
    A MP has a vote on laws and they represent their constituents, so that is a position of power.

And if we are to do a comparison, then lets see compare what they did, not who they are and if they broke the rules/law, then they should resign or be fired no matter who they are.
    You appear to be saying there should be the same punishment for breaking the law you wrote yourself (Cummings) and having your bosses express a critical opinion of your work (Maitlis)?

I think you're really reaching now.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    You appear to be saying there should be the same punishment for breaking the law you wrote yourself (Cummings) and having your bosses express a critical opinion of your work (Maitlis)?

I think you're really reaching now.
    No, I am saying that they all broke the rules and should all resign. It is really that simple.

No, I am saying that they all broke the rules and should all resign. It is really that simple.
    So you're advocating automatic sacking for anyone who breaks any kind of rule, ever?

So you're advocating automatic sacking for anyone who breaks any kind of rule, ever?
    So you say only the right and Tories should be fired?

So you say only the right and Tories should be fired?
    Was professor Ferguson a Tory?

I have a feeling you're not interested in a serious discussion.

Look, it is really simple in this case. With the seriousness of the Covid-19, then all those that have broken the rules should resign or be sacked and that includes Cummings, Blackford, Kinnock etc etc.

As for Maitlis, then she should also go as she has broken the rule of impartiality, or at least make a grovelling apology. What do you think?

Was professor Ferguson a Tory?

I have a feeling you're not interested in a serious discussion.
    I am up for discussion and have stated why I think they should all resign or be fired but you are hell bent on only criticizing Cummings. So why should the other MP's not have the same scrutiny?

Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast