+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Swansea

I find it sad and disappointing that some fans feel the need to gloat about LW start at Swansea. Last season was the best season ever, we played sublime football, got a massive amount of wins, scored loads of goals, beat our biggest ever points tally had a great battle with Wrexham. All topped off with a trip to Wembley. It’s up there for me as one of the best in 30 years as a Notts fan. Only Munto 2010 and Allardyce 1998 come close. It matters little to me that it was the national league as well.

Swansea means nothing to me, I’m not bothered what happens with them. I do wish LW all the best and hope that he is successful whatever club he’s at after what he did here.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It is sad. Pathetic in fact. But it's a refection only on the people laughing, not on LW. They demean themselves.

As much as Luke Williams achieved at Notts County, even he couldn't do anything about the quality of one or two of our "supporters".

It'll be a legacy "County reject" tradition from the days when loyalty still existed in the game. I couldn't understand it when Tommy Johnson got booed on his return with Derby after all he'd done for us, but it's just one of those things we have to accept as "part and parcel". There's always going to be a sizeable proportion of fans who will have been let down by somebody at some point in their lives and things like this can act as a trigger.
    Reminds of me rock drummer Ginger Baker who apparently couldn't handle goodbyes after he waved farewell to his father at the train station as a young child during the war and never saw him again.

Personal perspective is that once they have chosen to leave then I neither wish them good or ill unless they leave in a way that is bad for or disrespectful to Notts (Sam was the closest I can think of as an example of that).

Wonder how long it will be before he realises just how good a situation he had at Notts, few clubs have owners with such a balanced, supportive outlook and long term strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It'll be a legacy "County reject" tradition from the days when loyalty still existed in the game. I couldn't understand it when Tommy Johnson got booed on his return with Derby after all he'd done for us, but it's just one of those things we have to accept as "part and parcel". There's always going to be a sizeable proportion of fans who will have been let down by somebody at some point in their lives and things like this can act as a trigger.
    Reminds of me rock drummer Ginger Baker who apparently couldn't handle goodbyes after he waved farewell to his father at the train station as a young child during the war and never saw him again.
    I can never understand some of our fans’ attitudes to former players - no reason not to applaud Wootton, say, before the game when he comes with Stockport in April, but I’m sure some numpties will. Unless they left in bad circumstances or said something derogatory about us since, I’d always applaud them - and then hope they have a stinker.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Personal perspective is that once they have chosen to leave then I neither wish them good or ill unless they leave in a way that is bad for or disrespectful to Notts (Sam was the closest I can think of as an example of that).

Wonder how long it will be before he realises just how good a situation he had at Notts, few clubs have owners with such a balanced, supportive outlook and long term strategy.
    I think you should call him Allardyce.
    Thing with LW was:- He achieved some brilliant results but left at a bad time for us.
    Mid-season, in a bad run of form and right at the beginning of the transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Unless they left in bad circumstances or said something derogatory about us since,.
    ...... Or went to Fword.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I can never understand some of our fans’ attitudes to former players - no reason not to applaud Wootton, say, before the game when he comes with Stockport in April, but I’m sure some numpties will. Unless they left in bad circumstances or said something derogatory about us since, I’d always applaud them - and then hope they have a stinker.
    Agree. If Macca leaves us in the summer and comes back to Meadow Lane as an opponent a few would probably boo him.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I think you should call him Allardyce.
    Thing with LW was:- He achieved some brilliant results but left at a bad time for us.
    Mid-season, in a bad run of form and right at the beginning of the transfer window.
    Fair enough I will call him Allardyce (or Judas LOL)
    Re LW, do you think the dip was at least in part due to his head and heart being elsewhere and the players knowing and reacting to that?

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Fair enough I will call him Allardyce (or Judas LOL)
    Re LW, do you think the dip was at least in part due to his head and heart being elsewhere and the players knowing and reacting to that?
    Possibly. They sacked their manager right at the beginning of December.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    We were not lifting trees up when he was here, best manager for years my ass
    Your comments are baffling as they are moronic. How you can laugh at Swansea's results and mock our former manager after the best football I've seen from a Notts team in my long years of being a supporter is disgusting and frankly, juvenile.

Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast