+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Darko Gyabi

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Yep think Orta has done okay just needs to be publicly a bit more humble for me.

Think the squad is being improved just need to hope JM’s tactics work as not sure they will in this league but they may get us enough points v bottom 8. Will be an interesting season ahead
    Orta - Humble = Oxymoron

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    Unbelievable most on here. So negative most of the time. Really pleased you’re not in charge of the club we all love. One that’s in the Premiership and has circa £100m or will have to strengthen. What’s up wi ya?
    Opinions differ and not everyone likes to be a happy clapper especially when you have supported this club all your life and can see/feel when some things not right like getting shafted in the transfer market it tends to piss some folk off.

Oh and that 100 million you speak of has to be spent wisely.........

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Opinions differ and not everyone likes to be a happy clapper especially when you have supported this club all your life and can see/feel when some things not right like getting shafted in the transfer market it tends to piss some folk off.

Oh and that 100 million you speak of has to be spent wisely.........
    With Aaronson and others already signed, all of the Philips money has already been spent (strengthening the squad?). If Raphina decides to wait until next season to let Barca put a deal together then that's it, the cupboard will be bare (unless the Barcodes do come in for Harrison (would we sell?)).

Think signings look pretty decent,,but one ***** area still lacking - a Striker

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Think signings look pretty decent,,but one ***** area still lacking - a Striker
    Proof will be in the pudding bath and I hope they all work out well for us but agree we badly need another striker!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Proof will be in the pudding bath and I hope they all work out well for us but agree we badly need another striker!
    Looks like we are in potentially for 4 more players all of which depending upon who you listen to are close to signing.

Adams, Camara, De Ketelere and Sinisterra. Can’t see us signing ball of those but the club has said they would like to sign two before the fly out to Aus. Adams makes a lot of sense as we have been linked with him since January and he knows Jesse Marsch well.

Looks like Raph could be on the plane with them if Barca keep messing around.

And so they should but perhaps at least try a positive spin on occasions. Adam’s and Sinisterra to be added into the squad. One more after that, I would really love to get Charles de Ketelaere. Surely folk can see the club is trying to push on. Suggest politely that we stick to the day jobs and let the Leeds hierarchy stick to theirs. Opinion is one thing but being a fan spouting doom and gloom more times than not is depressing given where we were and where we are

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    And so they should but perhaps at least try a positive spin on occasions. Adam’s and Sinisterra to be added into the squad. One more after that, I would really love to get Charles de Ketelaere. Surely folk can see the club is trying to push on. Suggest politely that we stick to the day jobs and let the Leeds hierarchy stick to theirs. Opinion is one thing but being a fan spouting doom and gloom more times than not is depressing given where we were and where we are
    At the risk of everyone jumping up and down on me, I don't think it's a case of doom and gloom being spouted by anyone. Like I said earlier, this thread was started to allow comments on Darko Gyabi, a youth-side player for Citeh who hasn't had any 1st team experience and yet for whom we have agreed to pay £5m. He may be a superstar in the making but can anyone seriously suggest we would have paid anything near that for him (if he was even made available) had we not been selling Philips? I think not.

So, if we were being generous and said he was worth what we paid for Gelhardt (a Championship-seasoned player by then) two seasons ago (£1m), then we've been stiffed for £4m, making Philips worth around £38m, not £42m.

All that has been spent on players already acquired. If Raphina stays (and he might) where will the funds come from to plug that £60m black hole?

As for where we were and where we are.......we were at the foot of the table, and relegation fodder, until we got lucky during the last couple of games (not that we're not due some luck, sometimes). We can't afford to ride that pony too often, and frankly I for one don't see the club "moving on" given that the selection criteria for newcomers so far seems largely dictated by "Have they played for a Red Bull side" and "Have they been coached by Marsch". Everyone will attest to me not knowing much about football, but I DO know that previous coach and having played for one or other part of the Red Bull franchise aren't exactly match-winning characteristics in a player.

We will see what transpires, but as yet, for all the heat and light generated early in the window, the squad is weaker than it was now Philips has gone.
    Last edited by WTF11; 05-07-2022 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    At the risk of everyone jumping up and down on me, I don't think it's a case of doom and gloom being spouted by anyone. Like I said earlier, this thread was started to allow comments on Darko Gyabi, a youth-side player for Citeh who hasn't had any 1st team experience and yet for whom we have agreed to pay £5m. He may be a superstar in the making but can anyone seriously suggest we would have paid anything near that for him (if he was even made available) had we not been selling Philips? I think not.

So, if we were being generous and said he was worth what we paid for Gelhardt (a Championship-seasoned player by then) two seasons ago (£1m), then we've been stiffed for £4m, making Philips worth around £38m, not £42m.

All that has been spent on players already acquired. If Raphina stays (and he might) where will the funds come from to plug that £60m black hole?

As for where we were and where we are.......we were at the foot of the table, and relegation fodder, until we got lucky during the last couple of games (not that we're not due some luck, sometimes). We can't afford to ride that pony too often, and frankly I for one don't see the club "moving on" given that the selection criteria for newcomers so far seems largely dictated by "Have they played for a Red Bull side" and "Have they been coached by Marsch". Everyone will attest to me not knowing much about football, but I DO know that previous coach and having played for one or other part of the Red Bull franchise aren't exactly match-winning characteristics in a player.

We will see what transpires, but as yet, for all the heat and light generated early in the window, the squad is weaker than it was now Philips has gone.
    We were in the Championship and we played last season in the Premiership …….. without Phillips. We’re investing over £100m in players and we won’t be relegation fodder next season in my opinion. The people in charge will look after the finances as they have done since Rad came in. Let’s leave it at that and try and be a happy clapper. Life is so much better for it

If Wigan hadn’t been in such financial trouble we could easily have paid 5 to 10m for Joffy he was rated that highly.

Very good piece of business by Orta to be fair to him.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)