+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Get yer wallet out TS

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Valley View Post
    That's what some football fans are! It can't come as that much of a surprise to you surely. The last time I looked the majority if big crowds are at clubs who are at the top of their respective league. You don't need to bother finding a few examples to disprove this..I said majority.
    Wasn't aimed at you Donald just the ones on here who obviously don't go unless we're winning or they like what's on offer

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The season starts on the 6th August though!
    I was simply pointing out the obvious. The time to start worrying will be mid-November, when the season has started to bed down.

I have to admit to being gobsmacked by the attitude of some posters on the issue of what TS should do with his money.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    4000x17(not all at Adult £25) x 24 (23 league and hopefully at least 1 cup game at home) = £1,632,000
    Probably the best way would be to se what the season ticket sales/match day sales were in the last accounts and add a third. That would be more realistic as not all games are sell outs and it is difficult to know what each seat will sell for. A good example is I have got 3 tickets for Brentford in family stand but mine costs 15, daughter is 25 but grandson is only 2. How can you estimate income with so much variance. It's as good as how long is a piece is of string - twice the distance from the middle to the end!
    Last edited by pip_y; 27-07-2016 at 11:47 PM.

I go to every home game and zero away games but do not agree with the view that the value of your opinion is related to the number of games you see.

It shows the weakness of your arguments if you are dismissive of the opinions of others simply because you have seen more games.

For instance CAM and frog are extremely knowledgeable re their team and offer a lot of good opinion as do others.

Also this view that you should follow your team whatever is a bit childish and old fashioned....Football is an entertainment and has to compete with many other entertainments and it is the responsibility of clubs to attract supporters and not take advantage of the blind faith brigade.

I have no problem with blind faith but don't demand that it should apply to everyone.....

Kempo

I'm not sure if it's aimed at me but I'll respond.

I don't think I'm any more knowledgeable than anyone else because of the number of games I go to.

I read comments from games on here and I didn't look at it that way which is good.

I'm no more of a fan because I may go to more or less games than others.

In my opinion TS has made mistakes yes but some of the criticism is over the top in my opinion.

Some on here in my opinion are never happy there choice but I have a choice to disagree.

I get called a happy clapper and others get called moaners.

It's just an opinion not an argument.

Entertainment for the floating supporter is key but we as fans will support the club regardless. The floating supporter is how you can measure the success of the club. When the team is playing well the support grows but when playing bad there are less until the tide changes again (usually with the sacking of a manager).

I was fortunate to see one of the worlds greates footballers during the Euros in that match Ronaldo was crap, disinterested and not a team player but he did a couple of passes that lit the stadium.

On show during the 5 matches I went to were the best players from each of the european countries. The matches weren't entertaining as in they weren't classics.

Do we expect too much from the players because ofthe price of them?

Hi I'm a new season ticket owner and I just want to point out a few things

1 Rotherham have got the money we have spent hardly anything on bids since we came up if you take the average price for a ticket and times it by the average attendance you will get how much we get in then add that to advertising and take 3 million wages you should get plus 2 million maybe more.. Not to mention championship bonuses sky money and play off money from league 1
    2 we have had this before with Evans quality but when it comes too it we struggle to bring them to us (and yes I think that Bradshaw will come back to bite us on the ass at the moment) what I think we need is Neil warnock as director of football
    3. Season tickets - come on guys with employers asking people to work lates and weekends not everyone can be a season ticket holder.. Also have you seen how many season tickets are left? Oh and then there's people who get half season ticket maybe if we sold half a ticket at the start we would get more.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    I go to every home game and zero away games but do not agree with the view that the value of your opinion is related to the number of games you see.

It shows the weakness of your arguments if you are dismissive of the opinions of others simply because you have seen more games.

For instance CAM and frog are extremely knowledgeable re their team and offer a lot of good opinion as do others.

Also this view that you should follow your team whatever is a bit childish and old fashioned....Football is an entertainment and has to compete with many other entertainments and it is the responsibility of clubs to attract supporters and not take advantage of the blind faith brigade.

I have no problem with blind faith but don't demand that it should apply to everyone.....
    So as I understand it anyone that you should follow your team whatever is a bit childish and old fashioned.

"Football is an entertainment and has to compete with many other entertainments and it is the responsibility of clubs to attract supporters and not take advantage of the blind faith brigade."

I would have said other forms of entertainment as a point of grammar.

Yet, you attend every home game, despite The Millers being at the bottom of the pile last season.

Doesn't that make you a bit childish and old fashioned and a member of the blind faith brigade?

You like to post your lifestyle tips. Here's one for you. Engage your brain before typing.

We were one of the favourites to go down last season and the season before...we defied them..
    so should it be said that we can do it again?, i honestly doubt we can this time..we let our centre forward go without replacing him first and we've come unstuck..instead of penny pinching for bradshaw we should have pushed the boat out..well done barnsley for doing it..hes a gamble, true, but they all are from a lower league..the bookies wont be wrong every time, thats why theyre rich..i cant even get a bet on us going down..id have to put a fair wedge on to get a few drinks out of it..we're doing the same as always...promotion, a couple of seasons, and back down..i hope im totally wrong, but the way we're doing things, i dont think so...

All correct im afraid.We"ve lost our main goalscorer and provider,have no real pace in the team.The defenders are a year older,and a yard slower.I think this is the weakest squad we have had since we were in league 2.
    To those deluded souls that say the window is open until the end of August...Becchio anyone.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast