+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Well it looks like White Lives don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Starmer, BBC and Premier League only rowed back on BLM support when they tweeted "Free Palestine" which is certainly interesting, find out who you're not allowed to criticise and all that.
    A lot of people don't realise BLM the movement and BLM UK the organisation are two different things.

BLM UK the organisation does not speak on behalf of the wider movement of BLM.

It's really unhelpful because BLM UK do these things like tweeting about Palestine and talking about bringing down communism which have nothing to do with the wider BLM movement which is just focused on racial equality.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    My point was if I earned enough there to pay taxes there (e.g. bought another rental property) then I would pay taxes there even though I live in the US. I don't know where F1 drivers are deemed to earn their money but I do know many teams are based there so maybe their drivers should pay taxes there. Starbucks and Amazon are based here in Seattle but I see enough angst over them paying taxes in the UK on money made in the UK.
    And if Hamilton earned enough on investments here then he would pay tax in the same way. Like you, he doesnt live here so why should he pay income tax here. You dont.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    A lot of people don't realise BLM the movement and BLM UK the organisation are two different things.

It's really unhelpful because BLM UK do these things like tweeting about Palestine and talking about bringing down communism which have nothing to do with the wider BLM movement which is just focused on racial equality.
    Yes John, but that's OK because people are intelligent enough to tell the difference between BLM UK and the general movement.

Oh!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Does he pay taxes anywhere?
    From what I gather Hamilton hires his sevices out to Merc from a limit company based in the Caymans. Dont think hes on paye as we know it. He sells his image rights through a company based in Malta.

Not totally sure but think he brings income into Europe through a company in Guernsey. At a guess hes orobably pretty tax efficient.

I don't remember seeing this guy at any of the BLM protests

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53247757

The American BLM organisers call themselves "trained Marxists", whatever that means, so they're not that different from the UK version.

And the Premier League uses the BLM logo with the black power fist, that is supporting the organisation as well as the "movement."

Which one organises the demonstrations in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    I think you know the answer to that Shark

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    It's more of a grassroots thing, different protests are organised by different people and do not need to be affiliated to the BLM US or BLM UK organisations.

The fact a co-founder of an organisation identifies as Marxist doesn't mean the BLM movement is Marxist. If he had identified as a toy-train collector it wouldn't mean the organisation was about toy trains either. This is something else people have trouble realising. No political movements are created to represent every belief of the founder, they have a more specific purpose that is ultimately determined by the wider body of supporters. Organisation just helps create a common identity, like branding, that local spin-offs (or the Premier league) that share the primary objectives of the moment are free to use.

Here's an article about how the Bristol BLM protest was organised (hint: it wasn't by BLM US or BLM UK):
    https://www.vogue.co.uk/arts-and-lif...matter-protest

£1 million has been donated to BLM UK via GoFundMe and no-one knows where the money is going.

Given that BLM UK was involved with closing airports previously I'm guessing on environmental causes.

Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast