+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    That's fair. Don't you consider the opinion of JCVI that trying to do what you suggest will have a seriously detrimental effect on the speed of the rollout of the vaccination program putting more folk at risk?
    Of course i consider what the JCVI have said, but the target audience can be identified quite easily through contacting Councils, company management/HR departments, professional accreditation organizations, etc, etc...

It is a big undertaking, but how much of a detrimental effect would there be on the wider effort, especially if a head start is made with waste control.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    It is a big undertaking, but how much of a detrimental effect would there be on the wider effort, especially if a head start is made with waste control.
    Big enough for them to recommend against it.

Getting seek fed up of this thread being turned into a lets throw the vaccine list out the window and ruin everything with which worker is more at risk than another.
    Lets go back to the first lockdown i received a letter telling me i had to shield and at the time got nothing from either government apart from advice that i was in severe danger of dying if i contracted the virus.
    My betters in the teaching profession who had to shield were given FULL pay to follow government advice whereas i got F ALL,the boys that work for me after 6 weeks told me they needed money as they also had received the square root of F ALL either and i decided to go back to work.
    At that point i had cancelled direct debits for my mortgage,pension,council tax and other insurance policies just to survive financially.
    I returned to work when cases were still very high out of necessity because me and the boys were financially on our knees and really had no other option's.
    Meanwhile teachers on the shielding list the same as me were still on full pay and being protected by their unions and both governments,so vaccinate those on the shielding list early but let the others wait their FN turn.

Edit to add,me and the boys who did go back to work in the public domain pre vaccine have at least helped pay the wages of those in public service who were sitting at home doing F ALL bar shield from the virus,FACT.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 01-03-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Big enough for them to recommend against it.
    The JCVI are not the ones who are collating the lists for who is next in line to receive the vaccine though. That is down to the NHS delivering the vaccine, and the once who are doing such a fantastic job in doing so. How hard is it to change the order that is probably done weeks in advance? Already has to be done on a smaller scale when someone takes up a waste spot surely!

The JCVI are not the ones who are collating the lists for who is next in line to receive the vaccine though. That is down to the NHS delivering the vaccine, and the once who are doing such a fantastic job in doing so. How hard is it to change the order that is probably done weeks in advance? Already has to be done on a smaller scale when someone takes up a waste spot surely!
    I'd imagine going around the whole country dividing each individual up into categories depending on their occupation would be a bit of a headf*ck. Separating them from the others on the NHS database to figure out who is still to receive the vaccine would be another headf*ck. It's not going to happen. The list has been prioritised, quite rightly, in terms of who is more likely to die and it has been proven, the older you are, the more likely you are to die of Covid.

So encouraging seeing the number of new cases & deaths drop so rapidly each day. Just six weeks ago we were having almost 70,000 new cases and 1300 new deaths each day. Today we had just over 5000 new cases and 100 deaths. Mon the vaccine. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Meanwhile teachers on the shielding list the same as me were still on full pay and being protected by their unions and both governments,so vaccinate those on the shielding list early but let the others wait their FN turn.
    I am not trying to detract from what you are saying as i know many people who have been in the situation you find yourself in, some who have made drastic decisions to ensure money flows in, and know of a few who have never worked since lock down 1 began.

But teachers and support staff were still working as children were still being educated, and i make no apology for making the case for my wife to be vaccinated ahead of myself!

I am not advocating that a full stop is put on the vaccination programme while ALL workers at higher risk are dealt with, i just think its easy enough to make a re-arrangement to accommodate All the workers we have both mentioned.

It should be remembered that Cohort 6 has quite rightly been greatly expanded in Scotland to include people who were missed by the JCVI, and maybe doubled, which has not caused any targets to fall back, and maybe moved the final offer date forward!

I am not trying to detract from what you are saying as i know many people who have been in the situation you find yourself in, some who have made drastic decisions to ensure money flows in, and know of a few who have never worked since lock down 1 began.

But teachers and support staff were still working as children were still being educated, and i make no apology for making the case for my wife to be vaccinated ahead of myself!

I am not advocating that a full stop is put on the vaccination programme while ALL workers at higher risk are dealt with, i just think its easy enough to make a re-arrangement to accommodate All the workers we have both mentioned.

It should be remembered that Cohort 6 has quite rightly been greatly expanded in Scotland to include people who were missed by the JCVI, and maybe doubled, which has not caused any targets to fall back, and maybe moved the final offer date forward!
    I really don't like you editing my post,i am on a cancer drug developed in 1948 in America that supresses your immune system and leaves you vulnerable to something that will probably kill those on it early.
    Teachers in the same position as me have probably never been in a school since the first lockdown BUT have been remunerated in FULL,so i'm sorry but i am never going to back the young,fit and able to jump the Q,FACT.

And on that puss shutter i will make no further comment!

I wanted to put this out later as i normally do, but here we are now!

February seems to be a bit of a pivotal month in the fight against this bloody virus. The first day saw the daily figures drop below 800 since the New Year peak, but when the daily and 7 day averages aligned, they stayed stubbornly within the 800s for 2 weeks and really didnt look like they were gonna budge. But as last week developed, i, and i am sure others on here noticed a change. And today we had reported a daily figure of 386 that is around a third of the highest figure of the month of 1149. Yes that superb figure is from a Sunday, and i have everything crossed that this continues and that we can be released from this madness early!

The Vaccine progress.

Over 80s, 96.8%,
    75-79, 98.5%,
    70-74, 99%, (98.9)
    65-69, 94.6%, (94.5)
    60-64, 33.2%, (32.1)
    55-59, 27.8%, (26.9)
    50-54, 22.4%, (21.6)
    40-49, 17.4%, (16.9)
    30-39, 12.4%, (12.2)
    16-29, 8%, (7.9)

Just to show you how people in my category of worker are classed by their customers i will give you nothing but the FACTS.Tonight i phoned or sent texts to 11 houses from Dundee to Monikie to tell them we were due tomorrow and can they just send an OK to confirm.
    Ten out of the 11 replied two of them millionaires who said they were delighted we were back in business the only customer not prepared to reply was an FN teacher from ST Johns,he was sent 3 messages one saying,"I have done all the work sending the messages and all i require in reply is an OK.
    They just consider themselves above me even if they have went to work or hidden from the virus for a year on full pay,FACT.

Without my and others business acumen they would ALL be redundant,FACT.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 01-03-2021 at 10:29 PM.

Page 61 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)