+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Southend United Post Match Thoughts

Welcome back LBJ. Have to agree with that. The gulf between L1 and championship is huge. Btw did you notice how many Stubbs signings were on the field yesterday. This is not a dig btw it's just a observations.
    3 points at Peterborough will be a huge ask. Next 3 weeks and we will have a better idea where we will finish...

lbj, you spout nonsense. I agree 100% with the statement that had we had this team and played like this we would not have gone down. Stop peddling your negativity as you're spoiling this MB. Overdue for another ban imo!

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Welcome back LBJ. Have to agree with that. The gulf between L1 and championship is huge. Btw did you notice how many Stubbs signings were on the field yesterday. This is not a dig btw it's just a observations.
    3 points at Peterborough will be a huge ask. Next 3 weeks and we will have a better idea where we will finish...
    Cayton, as a sensible and insightful poster please dont encourage lbj.

Sorry Monty in couldn't help myself 🤐

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Sorry Monty in couldn't help myself ��
    And you used the "S" word in your post which is very likely to set lbj off!

Did I? Oops 😱

There is a gap, but this is still a tough league which took the Blades six years to get promoted from, and even Leeds took three years.
    By the way, regardless of the level. I'd still take Moore or Proctor ahead of Blackstock, Emmanuel ahead of Fisher, and Potter ahead of Allan or Forster-Caskey from what I've seen so far
    Last edited by mikemiller; 13-08-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Monty - for a RGS boy your comprehension is poor !

The "staying up" statement was from another poster that I totally disagree with.

With the team that won 5 - 0 yesterday we would be crushed in the championship......ok - the effort - high pressing is good for league one.....but the manager's open - expansive football that the Rotherham United punters want can't work ( in championship ) without a lot of "QUALITY" inbuilt into the side as well.
    ( and that cost money we won't spend )

The "punters" wants are unimportant - TS took a good look at the championship and made league one the new ambition for the club.

He would have enjoyed the 5 - 0 and the fans enjoyed the win.....but that's it for now.

The future is what it is - success is subjective / relative and a good season in league one will be entertaining on the Southend games model.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Hang on, Southend weren't shocking. We were very good for 70 minutes, we bullied them all over the pitch and they simply couldn't handle it. Give our players credit for what they achieved today.
    Southend have enough quality players in their squad to be round about the playoffs at the end of the season.
    The reason we lost momentum in the last 20 minutes was simply down to the fact that 3 of our best performers were substituted to rest them for the next game.

^ ^ ^ bang on for me...

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Behave yourself gmgm that defence is the best it's been in a long long time

The two centre halfs are the best pairing since Swales and Macintosh and Emmanuel is the best right back since the great Gerry Forrest.

early days I know but just my opinion
    Nice one Loyal

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast