+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Not playing him is just another waste of loan money, better finisher than Asante by a country mile

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Not playing him is just another waste of loan money, better finisher than Asante by a country mile
    Brings to mind the barn door not been hit...

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Oh diddums!

😏🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    It was! Was my round and to avoid disappointment doubled up on the drinks cost me a fortune 🤦🏻*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    But can he work as hard as Asante? A big part of yesterday's performance was the press from the front 4 which meant Southampton spent a lot of time passing the ball sideways and backwards, and the same will be needed on Friday from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    But can he work as hard as Asante? A big part of yesterday's performance was the press from the front 4 which meant Southampton spent a lot of time passing the ball sideways and backwards, and the same will be needed on Friday from the start.

Working hard should be a given! Fellows and Johnston work their socks off getting some great crosses into the box but Asante is too small and not ruthless in front of goal. A good striker will not be in the game but along comes a sitter and bang it’s in the net.

For me we need to twist at Southampton and play Maja or Weiman as we will only get a handful of chances.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Working hard should be a given! Fellows and Johnston work their socks off getting some great crosses into the box but Asante is too small and not ruthless in front of goal. A good striker will not be in the game but along comes a sitter and bang it’s in the net.

For me we need to twist at Southampton and play Maja or Weiman as we will only get a handful of chances.
    Even though he isn't clinical in front of goal, he offers us a lot. He chases after balls and can be a nuisance when he's at the top of his game.

I think he's our best available striker for those reasons. Weimann is probably a better finisher, but he can't offer us what Asante can in terms of nuisance factor. Especially playing Southampton away, we need someone who can help us get up the pitch.

I also thought he played really well versus Preston, and did okay on Saturday too.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Even though he isn't clinical in front of goal, he offers us a lot. He chases after balls and can be a nuisance when he's at the top of his game.

I think he's our best available striker for those reasons. Weimann is probably a better finisher, but he can't offer us what Asante can in terms of nuisance factor. Especially playing Southampton away, we need someone who can help us get up the pitch.

I also thought he played really well versus Preston, and did okay on Saturday too.
    Good post. We really could do with Weismann and Asante’s strengths combined in one player. Can see why it’s hard for Carlos to choose sometimes. With Asante we have someone who is a handful, which frees up other players up front, gets us some good free kicks in key areas but misses good chances. Weimann is sharp in front of goal but not such a nuisance.

If we are struggling for a goal in the second leg and we go behind I’d even contemplate throwing Bartley or Ajayi up front, I think either could cause chaos and it wouldn’t be expected by Southampton either.

It’s a bit frustrating that we constantly seem to be protecting Maja from actually playing, it’s sh it or bust time from this point onwards, at some point a player needs to start earning their corn.

Isn’t it amazing how many other teams have the same CF match in and match out yet with us, Dike and Maja are constant fixtures in the Anichebe ward at the club.

Difficult one, but overall I’d start with Asante as he doesn’t give defenders any peace at all and can be a real nuisance. If, after an hour no joy then replace him. You never know, he might just come up with a ‘blinder!’

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    If we are struggling for a goal in the second leg and we go behind I’d even contemplate throwing Bartley or Ajayi up front, I think either could cause chaos and it wouldn’t be expected by Southampton either.

It’s a bit frustrating that we constantly seem to be protecting Maja from actually playing, it’s sh it or bust time from this point onwards, at some point a player needs to start earning their corn.

Isn’t it amazing how many other teams have the same CF match in and match out yet with us, Dike and Maja are constant fixtures in the Anichebe ward at the club.
    I've said this for a while. If we've been losing by the odd goal this season I don't know why we haven't chucked Ajayi up top for the last 5 mins and play direct.

He's big and quick, so can be a handful just with his attributes. Plus, he's not got a bad scoring record for a defender.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)