+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

I think hearing some of the personal reasons for these decisions would help. For example, I didn't know his family lived in Newport. Newport to Swansea looks like a 1-hour commute via the M4 motorway 50 miles according to Google maps. Therefore, a reasonable journey there and back home every day. Possibly, children settled at school and school places are no easy thing to sort out anymore. The partner's job/business could have been local and she didn't want to move etc...

Also, if anyone watched the Notts fan forums video I detected a colder/cold relationship between the head coach and chief executive. Business like but maybe not the warmer links he enjoyed with the previous CEO.

As the wife said who is a straightforward talker its pretty ****** decision for Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Well not really because there hasn't been any goals.
    Possession !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteMadBadger View Post
    I think hearing some of the personal reasons for these decisions would help. For example, I didn't know his family lived in Newport. Newport to Swansea looks like a 1-hour commute via the M4 motorway 50 miles according to Google maps. Therefore, a reasonable journey there and back home every day. Possibly, children settled at school and school places are no easy thing to sort out anymore. The partner's job/business could have been local and she didn't want to move etc...

Also, if anyone watched the Notts fan forums video I detected a colder/cold relationship between the head coach and chief executive. Business like but maybe not the warmer links he enjoyed with the previous CEO.

As the wife said who is a straightforward talker its pretty ****** decision for Notts.
    It was not a secret that his family is from Newport even if you didn't know it. His wife owns a fitness studio there.

Swansea was already in his heart before he came to Notts having been there before and obviously living not that far away. Clearly Luke had an excellent relationship and deeply admired Jason Turner and it is going to take Joe Palmer a while to become part of the club culture.

It would take a brave man to turn down a move two leagues higher with all that involves and also one back to nearer his home town.

My worry is whether the Bros can do it 3 in a row and pull another diamond out of the rough to push forward or will their luck run out. With Luke leaving and the number of key long term injuries we're encountering this season has not gone particularly well for them and maybe they'd rather just bide their time for another season before "splashing out the cash". Question is will Macca/Jodi/Cowley stay here and on the other side of the coin will LW see Notts as a place he'd like to send some of his up and coming players for loan spells knowing the setup we have.

Never a dull moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Swansea was already in his heart before he came to Notts having been there before
    He left Swansea to join Notts so it makes you wonder why he left Swansea in the first place stating he left for "personal reasons"

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    He left Swansea to join Notts so it makes you wonder why he left Swansea in the first place stating he left for "personal reasons"
    You would have thought those personal reasons could have been linked to previous staff within Swansea FC. They have had a few changes so the "reason" must have moved away? Whatever the reason he looks and sounds to be in a happy place. Good luck to him and his family (just stay clear of our better players!).

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    To be a head coach is a personal reason.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Would you still feel the same if you knew he had spoken to Swansea 3 weeks ago to become their next manager ?????
    Yeah I would and how do you think deals get done in football ??

Agents get sounded out first to see if coach/player is willing and our club dont seem to have a problem with Swansea.

Also I doubt he spoke to them 3 weeks ago as it is common knowledge they wanted Davies at Spurs.

You seem to not like anyone who takes a better option in life and he has left us in a better place than when he walked through the door.

If you said to me now a new coach comes in now gets us promoted like Cotterill and then leaves us in the summer id 100% take that, would you ?

Would you still feel the same if you knew he had spoken to Swansea 3 weeks ago to become their next manager ?????
    It seemed like something was happening after the Stockport game. He was really emotional in the post match interview - almost in tears. He's always been a passionate chap, but this seemed a bit disproportionate at the time, and I remember we talked about whether he was on his way.

The fact it's taken a few weeks to get over the line? Well, it shows that it took time to sort everything. That's not to Williams' detriment - maybe Notts negotiated long and hard?

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Yeah I would and how do you think deals get done in football ??

Agents get sounded out first to see if coach/player is willing and our club dont seem to have a problem with Swansea.

Also I doubt he spoke to them 3 weeks ago as it is common knowledge they wanted Davies at Spurs.

You seem to not like anyone who takes a better option in life and he has left us in a better place than when he walked through the door.

If you said to me now a new coach comes in now gets us promoted like Cotterill and then leaves us in the summer id 100% take that, would you ?
    Football managers come and go for one reason or another. Personally I dont adhere myself to them because, like LW and many before him the first opportunity of another job and they are off.. They spout bullsh*t about how good the club is bla bla bla, but in reality they dont really care.. They tell you lies just to make you believe they are committed to the club...
    LW is no different to IB or Big Sam...

They spout bullsh*t about how good the club is bla bla bla, but in reality they dont really care.. They tell you lies just to make you believe they are committed to the club...
    I think that's rubbish. We as fans are here because we want to be, for many of us it's a lifelong commitment that is set in stone. There could never, ever be any other club for us. But they are doing a job with no guarantee how long it will last, and all we can ask is that while they are doing that job at Meadow Lane they give it all they can. If anyone thinks that Luke Williams didn't give 100% to Notts County from his first day to his last, they must live in a very different world to me.

Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 LastLast