+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 91 of 139 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    No fool, i blame Ardley for accepting a job knowing all the circumstances , that he then failed at , nobody else fault but Ardleys got that

"Blame Ardley for accepting the job" not the Chairman offering the job.

Brilliant.

The defence rests

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Evening Laddo , I'm sorry that you get confused so easily, I think that explains an awful lot.
    Like I said and apologised for , I missed your original post where you explained that you blamed the Electrician.
    it was a genuine mistake ( you have even acknowledged the apology) I hope that's ok.
    As for the analoggillilly thingy I don't know what it means , if my question was one that turned out to prove a point it was totally coincidental.
    But you would blame the Electrician not the company.
    As for your mangers Question here goes
    Kewell - sacked to soon ,in my eyes had potential
    Nolan - did a good job from what he inherited. when he went it was about time to go , but wouldn't have minded if he was given time to rectify what was going on , but we had gone really poor and were looking doomed from day one of the new season !
    Fullerton - sacked much to soon. was possibly Ardley in disguise with his tactics. Took and expansive attacking team and turned it into one of the most defensive minded set ups you would ever see.( ok he was a disgrace in my eyes an insult to every Notts fan)
    Moniz - should have been given more time to develop his style (surprising hey seeing has he got us relegated)
    Curle - one of the better ones, I don't mind possession football as long as there is an end product .
    Mad Dog - maybe the time was right went he went , but I had no reason to want him gone, balls of steel and passion
    short - sacked much to soon,
    Cotterill - did the job but ! made a fool of us with the contract situation. couldn't stand the footy he served up !
    Backe - The few games he had I liked his style of play .wish he had stayed and the cash wasn't just an illusion
    Mcparland- I liked some of the footy we played at times , I think he didn't just know how to get a team to defend. Questionable ethics regards the old school players - your old(experienced) therefore you're good !
    Dearden - ok in difficult circumstances
    Big Sam - say no more - well he had to go he was tired of football and needed a break didn't he.?
    Apart from Fuller5h1t3 I have not really wanted a manger gone from day two !
    managers that have been sacked over the years are plentiful but in the main I could take or leave them.
    some of the names that I have missed out are mangers that I have had no time for but fell into the category of take them or leave them.
    But then again they were all employed and plying their trade in the football league.
    Is this any good for you ?
    Thanks for the effort Ken, and some interesting (especially regarding Cotterill) and valid opinions on the managers you mentioned. I'm just trying to decifier which you thought were "good managers" as per the question.

Alladyce and Curle? Anymore? Either way it's not many.

Sounds like you believe a lot were sacked or left prematurely without us fans ever knowing how good or bad they were. That I couldn't agree with more. Horrible culture at the club for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    You blame Ardley for accepting a job?? God you do talk rubbish.
    I must admit that's where I lost interest in the latest let's argue about Ardley 3 years ago thread. No one out of work turns down a decent job offer.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Evening Laddo , I'm sorry that you get confused so easily, I think that explains an awful lot.
    Like I said and apologised for , I missed your original post where you explained that you blamed the Electrician.
    it was a genuine mistake ( you have even acknowledged the apology) I hope that's ok.
    As for the analoggillilly thingy I don't know what it means , if my question was one that turned out to prove a point it was totally coincidental.
    But you would blame the Electrician not the company.
    As for your mangers Question here goes
    Kewell - sacked to soon ,in my eyes had potential
    Nolan - did a good job from what he inherited. when he went it was about time to go , but wouldn't have minded if he was given time to rectify what was going on , but we had gone really poor and were looking doomed from day one of the new season !
    Fullerton - sacked much to soon. was possibly Ardley in disguise with his tactics. Took and expansive attacking team and turned it into one of the most defensive minded set ups you would ever see.( ok he was a disgrace in my eyes an insult to every Notts fan)
    Moniz - should have been given more time to develop his style (surprising hey seeing has he got us relegated)
    Curle - one of the better ones, I don't mind possession football as long as there is an end product .
    Mad Dog - maybe the time was right went he went , but I had no reason to want him gone, balls of steel and passion
    short - sacked much to soon,
    Cotterill - did the job but ! made a fool of us with the contract situation. couldn't stand the footy he served up !
    Backe - The few games he had I liked his style of play .wish he had stayed and the cash wasn't just an illusion
    Mcparland- I liked some of the footy we played at times , I think he didn't just know how to get a team to defend. Questionable ethics regards the old school players - your old(experienced) therefore you're good !
    Dearden - ok in difficult circumstances
    Big Sam - say no more - well he had to go he was tired of football and needed a break didn't he.?
    Apart from Fuller5h1t3 I have not really wanted a manger gone from day two !
    managers that have been sacked over the years are plentiful but in the main I could take or leave them.
    some of the names that I have missed out are mangers that I have had no time for but fell into the category of take them or leave them.
    But then again they were all employed and plying their trade in the football league.
    Is this any good for you ?
    Sounds like you are saying we should give managers longer? A bit of a contradiction on what you post over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Yes that is true,
    guess a bit like Nolan starting off so well, and raising expectation, and ultimately becoming a victim of his earlier success,

Ardley point per a game at wimbledon is average to poor to be honest , only 32.5 %

Ardley

Team From To Record
    P W D L Win %
    AFC Wimbledon 10 October 2012 12 November 2018 326 106 93 127 32.5
    Notts County 23 November 2018 Present 97 41 25 31 42.3
    Total 423 147 118 158 34.8

Nolan

Team From To Record Ref.
    P W D L Win %
    Leyton Orient 21 January 2016 12 April 2016 15 7 2 6 46.7 [67][73][107]
    Notts County 12 January 2017 26 August 2018 84 35 23 26 41.7 [108]
    Total 99 42 25 32 42.4 —

So Nolan win rate of 42.4% against Ardleys 34.8 across 2 clubs proves beyond any doubt Nolan is the better manager. Even today Nolan probably earns more than Ardley as assistant at West ham
    The difference is Wimbledon kept him as manager for 6 years which is a rarity nowadays. The reason they did would have been they thought he was doing a good job, Win %s are only relevant to the job you are doing, can’t you understand that at all??? Big Sam got the England job and I think his Win%s less than 40. All these people you say are infatuated with Ardley is rubbish, no ones saying give him a 10 year contract, what they are saying is last season he did very well, this season we’re competing at the top end and give him till the end of the season. You on the other hand say his time at Wimbledon was below average which is just total nonsense, that he failed last season and this season is already a failure, you’re honestly talking rubbish and even if he doesn’t get us up won’t mean your previous evaluations of his career are correct. Yeah he got things wrong when we were relegated but most of us can get past that.

Also his win% this season is 52% in the league, does that make him better than Nolan now 😂

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    The difference is Wimbledon kept him as manager for 6 years which is a rarity nowadays. The reason they did would have been they thought he was doing a good job, Win %s are only relevant to the job you are doing, can’t you understand that at all??? Big Sam got the England job and I think his Win%s less than 40. All these people you say are infatuated with Ardley is rubbish, no ones saying give him a 10 year contract, what they are saying is last season he did very well, this season we’re competing at the top end and give him till the end of the season. You on the other hand say his time at Wimbledon was below average which is just total nonsense, that he failed last season and this season is already a failure, you’re honestly talking rubbish and even if he doesn’t get us up won’t mean your previous evaluations of his career are correct. Yeah he got things wrong when we were relegated but most of us can get past that.
    Biggest thing you got wrong is believing Ardely
    Win % is totally relevant it tells the true story

its 42%, and no because it is at a lower level. Notice the type of the teams we been playing recently, Jog on fool

The last 4/5 posts are top draw. ‘We all agree, Ardley is better than Nolan’ 😂🤭

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    "Blame Ardley for accepting the job" not the Chairman offering the job.

Brilliant.

The defence rests
    I blame ardley for screwing the job up-his fault nobody elses- so case closed , and don,t forget the electrician

Page 91 of 139 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast