+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 99 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Each time the media try and misreport how mutations "could" hide from the vaccines, you can just wait a week or 2 for that to be dispelled when its found whatever vaccine is still effective.

If a shifty mutation does appear, the scientists are confident any of the vaccines could be tweaked to deal with that, just like what happens every year with the flu jab.
    Exactly my point. The press need to f*ck off with their scaremongering. It's doesn't do anyone any good. As you say, yes the vaccines may need tweaked each year but that's no different to a normal flu vaccine.

1m plus AZ and 800k plus Pfizer first doses according to...

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...43010/Overview

Think the details would have come to light by now if it was that dangerous.
    And that's just Scotland so the figures, if you include the other home nations, will be far higher.

Blame TTT, because its him that got me thinking! I have been looking at the Daily New Infection figures, and while the numbers have been heading up, only around 3% of the test carried out are coming back positive. I can only assume that the increase in testing is from more people being tested for work and surge testing.

Over 80s, 97.4%
    75-79, 99.6% (99.5)
    70-74, 100%
    65-69, 97%
    60-64, 50.1% (47.3)
    55-59, 40% (39.4)
    50-54, 32.7% (32.1)
    40-49, 24.8% (24.4)
    30-39, 17.7% (17.4)
    16-29, 10.8% (10.6)

Now that 7-days are behind us, if there is to be any significant fallout from that weekend, the positive tests should start to come through over the next few days. If it does go the wrong way, i feel it will be a few weeks or a month before its back under control.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    And that's just Scotland so the figures, if you include the other home nations, will be far higher.
    Please dont take this the wrong way, but i really dont care about what happens in the other home nations. I did try to take into consideration what was happening a year ago, but i soon found it hard to easily obtain the same information that was freely available up here. As my thoughts were aligned by suspicion and conspiracy theories, i gave up and concentrated on what was available in Scotland.

Please dont take this the wrong way, but i really dont care about what happens in the other home nations. I did try to take into consideration what was happening a year ago, but i soon found it hard to easily obtain the same information that was freely available up here. As my thoughts were aligned by suspicion and conspiracy theories, i gave up and concentrated on what was available in Scotland.
    It wasn't a criticism of your figures Chick but the point I was making is there have been many millions of people in the whole of the UK who have had the AZN vaccine above those you mentioned so surely we would have seen a causal blood clotting issue here if there was one.

never mind this pish, whens the pubs opening ffs

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It wasn't a criticism of your figures Chick but the point I was making is there have been many millions of people in the whole of the UK who have had the AZN vaccine above those you mentioned so surely we would have seen a causal blood clotting issue here if there was one.
    Probably been kept hush hush. My missus', sisters, partners grandfather (effectively brother in laws grandad) went to bed feeling unwell 9 hours after recieving his vaccine and didn't wake up. He was found dead at 10pm that day. This was about six weeks ago. I haven't said anything here as didn't want to worry a lot of you guys when you were being vaccinated but nothing has came out about that and it was very local. I genuinely thought it would be all over the news. It makes me wonder. He was in his 70's and otherwise healthy.

Strange how all these clots and deaths seem to be restricted to Norway.

FFS thats worrying mate

The countries that have suspended the AZ vaccine haven't done so because the vaccine has killed people. It is while it is investigated if there is any connection the jab had with those that died. That has yet to be established. In Norway those that have died have been very frail elderly people.

WHO has said there is no connection between blood clots and the vaccine.
    https://www.newscientist.com/article...lots-says-who/

What is clear is the number of deaths in the UK has fallen significantly over the period of the vaccine rollout.

Page 99 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)