+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: The rebuild...

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    This thread is now smelling a lot like day luggage gents.
    Agreed, and I will happily take it there. I can't do it on my own though.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Personally, I believe virtually every position needs strengthening in the summer.
    I’d say the goalkeepers are fine - Slocombe is reasonable and i wouldn't mind seeing Tiernan Brooks playing a bigger part next season.

At Left back id keep Chicksen, especially if he continues his current form. I could take or leave Barnett, I like what he offers going forward but defensively he leaves a lot to be desired. Let McCrory go, never really been a fan.

While I would not mind keeping both Brindley and Kelly-Evans, I also would not mind trying to find a right back who is more comfortable going forward than those two.

I’d definitely keep both Lacey and Rawlinson. I’d try to sign Ellis permanently. Id 100% let Turner go, just do not have any faith in him anymore.

The Midfield needs a major rehaul. O’Brien can go. Reeves should be kept but he needs midfielders around him who can complement his abilities. We desperately need a brute in midfield – somebody in the Neal Bishop mould. I’d keep Rodrigues but try to sign somebody who is proven in this league to provide some creativity from the midfield in order to counteract Rodrigues’ inconsistency.

We need much more depth on the wings. With Robert’s injury woes, we have been proven to be incredibly weak in the wide areas. Enzio should be kept and actually played in his correct position instead of at right back. Id also drop Sam back and utilise him as a winger. Despite being 6”5 he is poor in the air and shows a decent ability to use pace and beat a man so would probably be more suited to a role on the wing in the future.

In terms of forwards, id keep Wootton and Knight and try and sign Knowles permanently. We need to look for a player who can act as competition for Wootton. Wootton has looked exhausted recently and has been misfiring quite a lot over the last few games, yet we cant drop him as there are no alternatives. Being able to switch Wootton out for a player of equal ability next season would be very useful.
    The other loanees such as Griffiths and Golden should go too.

So in summary id say we need between 6 and 10 new players for next season if we actually want to get out of this league. God knows where we’re going to get these players from but I really hope we don’t go window shopping in the European markets. While we desperately need new players in virtually every position, we need players who are proven in the National League, not players from the Belarusian First Division. Without these reinforcements, next season will be another mediocre slog.
    Defensively for arguments sake if Slocombe, Brindley, Rawlinson and DKE were to be out of contract then I'd like to see them offered new deals. For me those along with Lacey are arguably the best defence in this league as the past 1 3/4 seasons have demonstrated. I do like Ellis I think he's ideal and what we need, but age is not on his side. It would be great to find a player like Ellis who was around 23.

The midfield as you say is an imbalanced area and needs some surgery. Despite what some may think Reeves is actually a very good player and it's always a good call to make a midfielder the captain. While Reeves is more of a link between defence and midfield we need a spoiler type who can get stuck in and win the ball and break up the oppositions play and give it the wide men or more creative midfield players. Some may say the modern game does not need the Bishops and Ravenhills but I think at this level you need those types as we have all seen in games this season we have lacked fight, aggression, energy, and endeavor in midfield.

Hopefully a fully fit Cal Roberts will be back and I think both Wootton and Knight are under contract for next season so those places take care of themselves. Signing Knowles would be good, although Mansfield may want to try him out in League Two?

Those players I've mentioned are the spine of a very good side at this level for me. What will be key is who is brought in and built around these key players to make it a title challenging side and that is where the recruitment will come into it.

The thing is if we did sign 6-10 players then the players would need time and patience to gel and likewise so would the coaches need time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Agreed, and I will happily take it there. I can't do it on my own though.
    Appreciate that

It's all so avoidable but as is so often the case, one of only two posters once again quote one my posts to start it all off again for the ump****th time and then are like a dog with a bone. It's impossible not to spot the trend.

The PM alternative, the obvious and undeniable solution, has once again been offered to save everyone else from the pain but neither has any inclination to stop the arguments. Actively seeking them once again. The mask has well and truly skipped.

It's almost like they want this to continually be the case. I have no idea why they are so anti the #mission. I have no idea why anyone cares this much#void.

Stick it all in the handbag thread until next time I guess.

What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It's almost like they want this to continually be the case. I have no idea why they are so anti the #mission.
    You really have no idea why me and maybe others are "so anti the #mission"? Allow me to enlighten you from a personal point of view.

Firstly, nobody has ever asked anyone to go on a mission to improve the board. You, without consultation, decided to appoint yourself. My opinion is that your mission has annoyed more posters than it's pleased, but that's just my opinion. The reason for that is because you claim to want to rid the board of petty personal arguments, then you get engaged in more petty personal arguments than anyone else. You claim to respect other posters, so this seems a good time to ask if they agree with my viewpoint or yours. I propose that you set up a poll asking whether others want you to continue with your mission, or abandon it. If you really respect other posters, you should be happy to accept whatever they decide. It would be a simple binary poll along the lines of:

A. Should laddo continue with his mission to improve the board?
    B. Should laddo abandon his mission and contribute as a normal poster?

No loaded questions in the poll, just a simple yes or no. Forget about you and me, just let everyone else say what they would prefer. Polls are easy to do, but this one should come from you rather than me. What do you think?

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"

I'm sure you will stick to that question because you won't answer any questions. How convenient I can only say it so many times, I wasn't the one making the claim. I wish I could draw you a picture to help you out.

So let me get this right you think anyone can say anything about any Notts player or manager no matter how ridiculous or unlikely because nobody can or is willing to provide proof to the contrary on this message board. Gotcha.

Are you banning mocking Pedro? What happened to freedom of speech. Your buddy isn't going to like that not that he will say anything obviously
    The answer to my question and the only question so we dont get bogged down and confused is you dont know.
    You have even said this in your own posts that you have no idea what clauses have been put in place .
    Why didn't you just answer it like that because that is the truth.
    You have no contact or inside info, you know as little about the contract as anyone, but decide to mock.
    The whole point of the question was to point out you have no idea what cluses are in place regarding the 4 year contract yet you by your own admission you mocked a poster when he questioned the wisdom of a 4 year deal.
    You the saviour of the board who wants no petty arguments instead of having a discussion about his point of view decided to mock him.
    A catalyst for possible further mocking and petty arguments to which your answers then elude let's go PM for the people.
    Your initial approach is inflammatory and could and does spark a row to which you then revert to trying to hide from the board and off load the blame on the responder.
    Why dont you stop being passive aggressive, stop mocking posters if you dont have any facts to warrant criticism or mockery.
    Try answering a direct question then it would save masses of time and negate the need to ever considering a PM ask,

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Harding, Bishop, Ravenhill, Draper, Turner, Thomas weren't tall but we're bloody good midfielders
    Don Masson 5'8
    Willie Carlin 5'4

Wouldn't mind them 2 running midfield now

I'm checking through the thread to see when Davy asked for a knight in shining to come rescue him and I can't find it anywhere. Yet both of you (usual suspects) insert yourself into a football debate and once again take it off topic.

Maybe he sent both PMs if not then it's just a little sad.

Elite your posts perfectly sums up one of your problems and why it's been suggested by others that you maybe should take a break from NCM. Your weakness is you care too much.

As I've told you probably a dozen times before "Nobody cares", certainly nobody cares anywhere near as much as you no matter how many questions or polls you pose to the masses that get next to no response#tumbleweed.

People just want to discuss debate and argue over Notts like we were all doing before you hijacked your latest post. There was no mention of anything other than Ian Burchnall, the owners the club, this was all football and no handbags until you two jumped in.

People have told you this countless times but you clearly can't resist. Is it an addiction? Probably, can you stop? Hopefully. Let's not go over this needlessly again. If you are desperate PM me but make sure your inbox isn't full this time lol.

Pedro, I worry about you, I fear you are going to spiral out of control again, talk to yourself, invent things during your latest confusing ramblings, repeat yourself, get yourself all het up and in a spin over basically nothing. I know you main target Ardley has gone now but can't you have a little break before you find your next obsession?

We saw it recently unfortunately, and I stayed well out of it as other kind folk on here tried to help you out and point out to you the madness. You know the thread I mean, it was quite to sad to see tbh.

Nobody wants to see that again, I certainly don't.

If you want to discuss the mission or any non Notts topics specifically with Mr then PM , give everyone else a break. Same applies to you Elite, it's the obvious solution.

Let's think of others for once, let's think of NCM. The message board has been much improved recently why would anyone wish to see that change.

Let's the people talk about the rebuild , minor or major and what's needed. It's what people want

I'm checking through the thread to see when Davy asked for a knight in shining to come rescue him and I can't find it anywhere. Yet both of you (usual suspects) insert yourself into a football debate and once again take it off topic.

Maybe he sent both PMs if not then it's just a little sad.

Elite your posts perfectly sums up one of your problems and why it's been suggested by others that you maybe should take a break from NCM. Your weakness is you care too much.

As I've told you probably a dozen times before "Nobody cares", certainly nobody cares anywhere near as much as you no matter how many questions or polls you pose to the masses that get next to no response#tumbleweed.

People just want to discuss debate and argue over Notts like we were all doing before you hijacked your latest post. There was no mention of anything other than Ian Burchnall, the owners the club, this was all football and no handbags until you two jumped in.

People have told you this countless times but you clearly can't resist. Is it an addiction? Probably, can you stop? Hopefully. Let's not go over this needlessly again. If you are desperate PM me but make sure your inbox isn't full this time lol.

Pedro, I worry about you, I fear you are going to spiral out of control again, talk to yourself, invent things during your latest confusing ramblings, repeat yourself, get yourself all het up and in a spin over basically nothing. I know you main target Ardley has gone now but can't you have a little break before you find your next obsession?

We saw it recently unfortunately, and I stayed well out of it as other kind folk on here tried to help you out and point out to you the madness. You know the thread I mean, it was quite to sad to see tbh.

Nobody wants to see that again, I certainly don't.

If you want to discuss the mission or any non Notts topics specifically with Mr then PM , give everyone else a break. Same applies to you Elite, it's the obvious solution.

Let's think of others for once, let's think of NCM. The message board has been much improved recently why would anyone wish to see that change.

Let's the people talk about the rebuild , minor or major and what's needed. It's what people want
    The usual pointless, evasive waffle. The simple question I asked was whether you thought a poll on your 'mission' was a good idea.

Forget me and you, just let everyone else decide whether your mission provides a positive or negative contribution to this board.

Are you up for it? Yes or no?

At this rate we're going to need to rebuild NCM, never mind NCFC

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast