+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crappy new year...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Completely agree with your summation as without the fans there is no club. It is the easiest thing in the world and pitch insults to those that turn up to loyally support their club through thick and thin as this is the reality of where we are rather than the fantasy some constantly spout rather too often on this site. It's all right to dream as we all do but enough of abusing the supporters who do turn up!
    No supporter should be abused for turning out and supporting their team. In fact they should be applauded for doing so, especially when that team is not doing to well as that is a true supporter of the club.
    The bit I disagree with you spike is the fact we are dreaming. I keep saying this. Arbroath and raith are not any bigger a club than queens. In fact there are maybe only 3 clubs in the league nowadays who I would say are bigger and that’s Patrick, Inverness, and killie. We should be able to compete financially with all the rest, but can’t or won’t for some unknown reason. So I don’t think for one moment it’s a dream to be competing at the top of the league for promotion. It’s something that is achievable. Ask livi or Ross county.

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    No supporter should be abused for turning out and supporting their team. In fact they should be applauded for doing so, especially when that team is not doing to well as that is a true supporter of the club.
    The bit I disagree with you spike is the fact we are dreaming. I keep saying this. Arbroath and raith are not any bigger a club than queens. In fact there are maybe only 3 clubs in the league nowadays who I would say are bigger and that’s Patrick, Inverness, and killie. We should be able to compete financially with all the rest, but can’t or won’t for some unknown reason. So I don’t think for one moment it’s a dream to be competing at the top of the league for promotion. It’s something that is achievable. Ask livi or Ross county.
    Think you missed out Dunfermline Fatfan - a far bigger club than Queens will ever be !

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)