+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crappy new year...

Crappy new year...

Half time and its hard to see that we shall get anything from this. Stupidity from Gibson. But that does not take anything away from a decidedly lame display. Last seasons great escape may not be repeated this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Half time and its hard to see that we shall get anything from this. Stupidity from Gibson. But that does not take anything away from a decidedly lame display. Last seasons great escape may not be repeated this time.
    Not good at all by all accounts

Here we go again!! All the doom and gloom rammed down our throats on a daily basis on TV and other forms of media at the moment, you hope to come on here for some respite. However......more doom and gloom. Its not as if the team are marooned at the bottom 8 points adrift. I'll say what I've said before. They are inconsistent as hell but Morton and Ayr are worse

Take it you enjoyed today?

Consistently inconsistent is annoying as hell.

Who calculated l97 crowd? Stevie Wonder? Just seen a clip of the penalty and the crowd in the stand, along with the terracing, that figure seems way off. I fear though that after today 197 might be nearer next Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Not good enough by all accounts
    Worrying that Ayr, Morton and Dunfermline have all gained point(s) in recent games and our defeat today has not helped our goal difference much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    Here we go again!! All the doom and gloom rammed down our throats on a daily basis on TV and other forms of media at the moment, you hope to come on here for some respite. However......more doom and gloom. Its not as if the team are marooned at the bottom 8 points adrift. I'll say what I've said before. They are inconsistent as hell but Morton and Ayr are worse

and there people is the reason the queens board wont take action .these type of fans happy in there knowledge that queens might just might be better than 1 or 2 teams in the division ,happy as larry to just stay alive in the championship by the skin of the teeth ,not good enough infact nowhere near good enough top 4 should be a minimum requirement for queens before xmas or sackings happen ,however our board know thay have an old pals act as manager and it might cost a few bucks to sack him and replace him ,but even if johnston is sacked its our board we are talking about the biggest penny pinching businessmen in our area ,so whoom would thay appoint ,il tell you id place wullie gibson as odds on so thay dont have to negotiate with a decent manager ,doom and gloom yes it is thats whats been on offer since this current board moved in ,and yes thay shout blame the board ,yes i will blame the board as its them who give the manager his tools to work with so the buck stops with them .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 03-01-2022 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    and there people is the reason the queens board wont take action .these type of fans happy in there knowledge that queens might just might be better than 1 or 2 teams in the division ,happy as larry to just stay alive in the championship by the skin of the teeth ,not good enough infact nowhere near good enough top 4 should be a minimum requirement for queens before xmas or sackings happen ,however our board know thay have an old pals act as manager and it might cost a few bucks to sack him and replace him ,but even if johnston is sacked its our board we are talking about the biggest penny pinching businessmen in our area ,so whoom would thay appoint ,il tell you id place wullie gibson as odds on so thay dont have to negotiate with a decent manager ,doom and gloom yes it is thats whats been on offer since this current board moved in ,and yes thay shout blame the board ,yes i will blame the board as its them who give the manager his tools to work with so the buck stops with them .
    Took me a few shots at reading that one but no, I'm not that type of fan, however I am full of realism and will trap and support a team and/or club through thick or thin. In response to the other poster, of course I'm not happy with that however the red undoubtedly changed the course of the game.

Back to the above poster who, incidentally, showed his true colours in a post a couple of weeks ago. You need to change the broken record routine and stop criticising fans who genuinely turn up week after week for the love of the game, etc. Its not a happy clapper mentality as you like to allude to, but far more than that. Said fans still get frustrated, annoyed, angry and any other adjective you want to throw at it but quit with the BS about those that still do attend. Without those fans there would be no QOS

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    Took me a few shots at reading that one but no, I'm not that type of fan, however I am full of realism and will trap and support a team and/or club through thick or thin. In response to the other poster, of course I'm not happy with that however the red undoubtedly changed the course of the game.

Back to the above poster who, incidentally, showed his true colours in a post a couple of weeks ago. You need to change the broken record routine and stop criticising fans who genuinely turn up week after week for the love of the game, etc. Its not a happy clapper mentality as you like to allude to, but far more than that. Said fans still get frustrated, annoyed, angry and any other adjective you want to throw at it but quit with the BS about those that still do attend. Without those fans there would be no QOS
    Completely agree with your summation as without the fans there is no club. It is the easiest thing in the world and pitch insults to those that turn up to loyally support their club through thick and thin as this is the reality of where we are rather than the fantasy some constantly spout rather too often on this site. It's all right to dream as we all do but enough of abusing the supporters who do turn up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)