+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parking offence fines ..

Parking offence fines ..

Could be reduced so lowering some councils income who use them as a "cash cow," Imposing a 5 minute grace period, which is another suggestion being talked about, for those who remain in the bays too long. Surely that isn't too much to ask is it ?

re: Parking offence fines ..

Giving a 5-minute grace period is meaningless.

OK, so your pay and display ticket used to say (for example) 12.00 noon, then at 12.01 you got a fine. Now the ticket will be made, for the same price, to say 11.55, then at 12 noon you finish your 5 minutes grace period and at 12.01 you get a fine. Whoopy doo.

The only thing for certain is that the people who need to park for a while as usual get shytted on from a great height.

Quote Originally Posted by betalucky
    Giving a 5-minute grace period is meaningless.
    Do you consider a 3/4 mph grace speed over the limit meaningless, also?

Many's the time I've been grateful for this as I have been just over the limit.

All these charges are slanted to rip us off ,eg all day fee for the Tricorn open space is A?6.10p why 10p over answer is if you have seven quid in coins you will put them in and thus overpay by 90p,also the operators know that on pay and display most people will err on the safe side and pay for more than they need

But if you know it is £6.10,then bring £6.10 or pay by Card.
    My beef is with pay on foot car parks where for example 1 hour is £1.20 1 hour and 1 second is £2.40.I believe in Spain it is worked out per minute.
    Regarding parking fines...I think these are totally out of order...if you pay for 1 hour and you stay 2 hours then you should just pay the extra,not an outlandish £60

What p!sses me off about parking meters is when they don't give change. If it's £2.40 for two hours and you stick £3 in then it should add on the extra 60p worth of parking time, it would be a very easy thing to program.

I agree SD...

Quote Originally Posted by Southerndown
    What p!sses me off about parking meters is when they don't give change. If it's A?2.40 for two hours and you stick A?3 in then it should add on the extra 60p worth of parking time, it would be a very easy thing to program.
    I can report that in much of Europe, that's exactly how they work. Holland, Belgium, France, Andorra and Spain. There is no excuse for not doing one or the other (giving change, or giving extra time for the money), it's pure rip-off.

I can also tell you that it is impossible for a "foreigner" like me to ever get used to carrying enough change to pay for all the expensive coin-operated parking, and not all car parks and parking meters accept cards or notes. It's very anti-social for visitors.

Many car parks in Europe give between 15 and 60 minutes of free parking before they begin to charge, and in France and Spain many are free for an hour or two at lunchtime.

All those things are easy to program, and ten

Quote Originally Posted by betalucky
    What p!sses me off about parking meters is when they don't give change. If it's A?2.40 for two hours and you stick A?3 in then it should add on the extra 60p worth of parking time, it would be a very easy thing to program.
    I can report that in much of Europe, that's exactly how they work. Holland, Belgium, France, Andorra and Spain. There is no excuse for not doing one or the other (giving change, or giving extra time for the money), it's pure rip-off.

I can also tell you that it is impossible for a "foreigner" like me to ever get used to carrying enough change to pay for all the expensive coin-operated parking, and not all car parks and parking meters accept cards or notes. It's very anti-social for visitors.

Many car parks in Europe give between 15 and 60 minutes of free parking before they begin to charge, and in France and Spain many are free for an hour or two at lunchtime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)