+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotherham - reasons to be cheerful

Rotherham - reasons to be cheerful

That scoreline seriously flattered the Millers. I have no bitterness about losing, but I thought we were at least worth a draw.

For me Inman was our MotM. He terrified their defence with options of carrying the ball forward, cutting out on the wing, or moving sweetly inside. We again (Carlisle and more before) looked a hard working side that sadly makes mistakes. 1. Byron's horrendous clearance that led to a goal; and 2. Chuks bullet header into a big, big net, that missed. Our loss of the Hitch was crucial, and he did not add much for them when he came on as a sub. We need a goal getter/poacher.

Overall I think they have nothing to be ashamed of and Rotherham deserve credit for their football.

It was great to be among near enough 500 Alex fans, but unfortunately that was the only downside. Unnecessary and acrid flares and silliness that led to some ejections (well one anyway). Then, when we went 3-2 down and the Alex team needed support, this troupe of boys left. Mind you, it was d

re: Rotherham - reasons to be cheerful

Difference was they put away their dubious penalty, we didn't. Hitchcock was a disgrace for what he did and we were cruising at 2-1up, dominating them until he took his dive.
    Performed well at a play off chasing team, which can only be positive.
    Never seen those idiots before-1gave some serious resistance to ejection but only made it miserable for those around him-knobhead.

Quote Originally Posted by alexbarmy
    Difference was they put away their dubious penalty, we didn't. Hitchcock was a disgrace for what he did and we were cruising at 2-1up, dominating them until he took his dive.
    Performed well at a play off chasing team, which can only be positive.
    Never seen those idiots before-1gave some serious resistance to ejection but only made it miserable for those around him-knobhead.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

[quote="AlexLeicester"]That scoreline seriously flattered the Millers. I have no bitterness about losing, but I thought we were at least worth a draw.

For me Inman was our MotM. He terrified their defence with options of carrying the ball forward, cutting out on the wing, or moving sweetly inside. We again (Carlisle and more before) looked a hard working side that sadly makes mistakes. 1. Byron's horrendous clearance that led to a goal; and 2. Chuks bullet header into a big, big net, that missed. Our loss of the Hitch was crucial, and he did not add much for them when he came on as a sub. We need a goal getter/poacher.

Overall I think they have nothing to be ashamed of and Rotherham deserve credit for their football.

It was great to be among near enough 500 Alex fans, but unfortunately that was the only downside. Unnecessary and acrid flares and silliness that led to some ejections (well one anyway). Then, when we went 3-2 down and the Alex team needed su

Difference was we had AJ and they had Hitch,i think AJ be better playing football on his i pad as it not happening on the field,no use flogging a dead horse,time is running out fast.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin
    Difference was we had AJ and they had Hitch,i think AJ be better playing football on his i pad as it not happening on the field,no use flogging a dead horse,time is running out fast.
    U must have missed Hitchcock's hat-trick. Truth is all he did was 'win' a penalty. Worst culprit for missing chances today was Chuks.

We've played a lot worse than today and lost.. a Tale of Two penalties..was theirs in the box??

As for them with the flares.. pathetic

a lot worse and won I should have said!!

Millers fan here.
    I thought Crewe played great today.
    As far as your attack is concerned you must be up there with the best in league 1,but sadly the defence is a little lightweight.
    No way you are going down.
    I know this may be an irritating thing to say, but dont have too much of a go at your team today - i'm not sure they could have done much more - sometimes you just have to dust yourself down and move on to next week - your team is better than the league position suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by rea65
    Millers fan here.
    I thought Crewe played great today.
    As far as your attack is concerned you must be up there with the best in league 1,but sadly the defence is a little lightweight.
    No way you are going down.
    I know this may be an irritating thing to say, but dont have too much of a go at your team today - i'm not sure they could have done much more - sometimes you just have to dust yourself down and move on to next week - your team is better than the league position suggests.
    next week...hmmm Orient...hope the ref is more bias next week...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast