+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CLEAR OUT

CLEAR OUT

isnt it time we let a few players go now or got them off the wage bill if anyone will take them on loan

ROBERTSON
    MARTIN
    AURDEL
    A J
    PHILIPS - just part time coach
    MOULENUX

except from aj they must know there unlikely to play again

5 wages saved - bring in 2 that are better

Vale bringing in carvalio - hes decent

re: CLEAR OUT

Two of those mentioned have contracts to summer 2015 - Audel and Molyneux. Unfortunately they are both players we could happily do without, I believe.
    All the rest have contracts expiring this summer.

I do not know enough about Robertson, but his form must have zeroed: he's not even seen the bench for a while.

Phillips I totally disagree. He will relinquish the No 1 shirt, but if he is in anyway responsible for helping the vast improvement in Ben Garratt then he should be permanent goalkeeping coach and emergency 2nd or 3rd choice.

AJ and Martin? I will not disagree with Bonehead.

And how much will we get for Max at the end of the season? not as much as we could have last season! and we really need some proper defenders in for crying out loud! :/

I was going to reply to you on the longer thread, AlexL, but for some reason was denied access for a while.

You talked about the humbling of "professional League One players". Well, I wonder if some of them are.

Molyneux? he can't even get a game for Rochdale. We took a punt on this rough diamond, and it doesn't seem to be paying off. The way he cocks his left leg, he looks more likely to chip the ball than blast it. And the one trick this pony has must have been sussed by defences already.

Audel? We seem to have been conned here, but he did look a smart bit of business last summer. Unfortunately, any form he ever showed while being scouted seems to have deserted him, and we're stuck with him for another eigh**** months.

Guthrie? only seven appearances, the majority off the bench, tells its own tale of unfulfilled promise.

Nolan? Well, maybe there's still hope for him.

Ng? it certainly came as a surprise to me to learn that he was still at Gresty Road. Any point to his remaining

Apparently, according to a very reliable source (especially after a few pints), Gregor is out on loan and turned out for last night's opponents.

With Audel and Molyneux we will just have to hope that they decide that the Alex is not 'their place' for 'their' style of football. Best if they do a Michael West and agree to cancel their contracts. For their sakes as much as ours.

Agree about Ng. I can pass no positive comment as I have not seen him play - and I've nailed myself to my little red plastic seat at Gresty Road again this season. :-D

Guthrie? I have a bit of a soft spot for the lad and that has nowt to do with his slightly improving ability. I'd persevere.

The Academy? It's our future, so every player who comes through it must be given every possible chance.

Max Clayton? The lad is a conundrum. Every other player seems to sing his praises; he has been known to show signs of sheer brilliance; but in the same sentence there are question marks over his consistency, physical prowess and plain strength, and determination. We won't see him again this season, but maybe, just maybe, he will be our saviour in 14/15. :-?

This

Not surprised no one's seen Ng play - I thought he was still in the Academy..?

Also, I think you might have seen some players progress this season if their seasons hadn't been interrupted by injury (Colclough, Turton, Pogba) or had the shadow of Cornwall over it for three month.

Agree though that Audel and Robertson can go.

Would keep Guthrie possibly, depending on who's coming through from the Academy, and give Molyneux a chance to recreate the form he showed for Accrington. Not likely to have Byron next season so going to need someone who can deliver from the wing.

I wonder re Max, he probably won't play again this season and his contract is up (great advice by his agent) will another club take a chance in Summer or wait till he proves he is back to his former self.
    He could be without a club or contract!
    Of course the Alex will give him another one, we do try to look after our own.

and it continues. Thanks for everything Gregor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast