+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Queens 1-0 Raith (McShane) ... upto 6th with game in hand!

Queens 1-0 Raith (McShane) ... upto 6th with game in hand!

Things starting to look up. Wasnt able to get to game today. Deserved win?

Edit: Just relooking at the table. If we happened to win our game in hand, we'd be in a play off spot! Who'd have thought it!?

re: Queens 1-0 Raith (McShane) ... upto 6th with game in hand!

Respect when it's due . Our first back to back victories of the season and we're right in the mix .

Where's all those calling for McIntyre's head tonight then ??

It's a marathon not a sprint remember . Still plenty to play for

Bit of a strange game today, we got the result but Raith will feel hard done by. Defence and goalie performed well but midfield struggled especially second half. Really good team goal with quick incisive passing was highlight of the day.
    Got to pass comment on officials who I thought were very poor missing lots of obvious decisions and not protecting players either,

"Got to pass comment on officials who I thought were very poor missing lots of obvious decisions and not protecting players either,"
    Can't see where you are coming from personally as I found nothing today to get my dander up regarding the officials.
    These guys today were miles better than some of the clowns we have had refereeing previously.
    Regarding the game and goal I do agree though!

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn
    Respect when it's due . Our first back to back victories of the season and we're right in the mix .

You weren't gloating when we were losing?

We have been playing for most of the season a system which see's us struggle, players out of position and players who should be playing dropped.

You might want to ask where could we have been?

442, strongest squad and two back to back wins. Enough said.

Paul Burns a big miss today, thought that apart from scoring the goal ,McShane was found wanting in the middle of the park. No commitment in the tackle ,a few times just turning his back on a 50/50 ball. A good job McKenna was up for the cause as usual. He broke down many a Raith move .Also thought that Gav was defending from the front again ,a really good display from the front man!

Quote Originally Posted by TOSHSON
    Paul Burns a big miss today, thought that apart from scoring the goal ,McShane was found wanting in the middle of the park. No commitment in the tackle ,a few times just turning his back on a 50/50 ball. A good job McKenna was up for the cause as usual. He broke down many a Raith move .Also thought that Gav was defending from the front again ,a really good display from the front man!
    Agree 100%. I was very disappointed that Burnsy wasn't playing today - he was a standout last week; I assume he is injured/unwell.
    Elliot was a handful but Durnan did his best. Apart from the lad nearly breaking the post with a terrific shot, I don't recall too many chances for them.
    I thought the ultra deep defending was going to get us in the second half. I suppose we did to Rovers what they did to us last time at Palmerston.

A hard fought 3 points without the fluidity of last week.Like others have said we missed Burns's contribution of last week.McShane scored a nice goal but his touch was poor today and he fell out of the game.He needs to have confidence in himself and work on his tackling and influence on the game without the ball.
    The front four have a real threat about them and they all contributed but not to he extent of last week.Gavin again got through a power of work and has re-gained some confidence and Lyles great touch set up the run of McShane for the goal.Iain Russell takes so much responsibility for the team with his ball carrying and it was a great run at the end that was so cynically stopped.I would have been quite happy with a red card for that hack.It was so much worse than the previous yellows.
    Raith were poor today apart from the spell from Spence coming on until the break.Apart from a great drive against the post and Chris Mitchell blocking on the 6 yard box near the end they never re

I believe the new striker pulled a muscle in warm up. Probably would have featured at some point if not.

I thought Raith looked dangerous without being dangerous. Very physical team.

I don't think we should be too hard on McShane, he did get the goal. Russell and Paton were equally off the pace at times. Superb build up play for the goal.

Defense was excellent and Reilly well deserved MOM.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn

Don't recall many people calling for his head but plenty calling for him to use a 442 formation . Seems to have been a good call ! You can only wonder where we would be in the leagues had he gone with 442 more often ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)