+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A letter I sent to DG

A letter I sent to DG

I sent a letter to David Gold in February. It was the day we lost to Spurs at home. (Posted before the result)

It's too long a letter for me to print in entireity but the main points were that due to our good start we wouldn't be relegated but there would be repercussions this season.

I said the squad wasn't strong enough and I didn't think Carroll would sign or Diame stay. I also said that top quality players would not be attracted to the club because of the manager and his style of play.

And that it was my belief that if they kept him on we'd be relegated.

And I thanked him for his financial input.

I was wrong about Carroll and Diame. But right about everything else. Yes we haven't been relegated yet but are dead men walking. And even if against the odds we manage to be marginally less poor than three other teams the same will happen next season.

It's not the money. The owners pay good wages but who would want to come to a club that has an outlook in the dark ages ? Even QPR m

re: A letter I sent to DG

No chance in hell would your letter would be read, let alone replied to.

The only thing to do now is just accept that the club's a joke.

More like you're the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperIrons
    More like you're the joke.

Good one.

Yeppers.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperIrons
    [no body]
    Why don't you actually tell me what you disagree with and I've said that's wrong instead of sniggering like a school girl?

I happen to agree with most of what you have said .how can we get so far with a work permit on a loan signing and then dither and lose out?

it says everything about the man ,his lack of style and his inability to adapt when Heitinga hasn't had a league game all season but would prefer to turn us down and a place on the bench!
    Why oh why did we have chambers a rb or cb on the bench and prefer to play a left sided midfielder at right back. did we fight back after the break yes but only to the shock of the supporters as he actually reverted to two up front.
    I say its time for g&s to act and warn sam that city will probably rest a few on Tuesday and whilst out of the tie we could get some pride back and that they expect him to play an attacking formation with players in their rightful position or he's gone because a £4M PAYOFF is nothing compared to what they will lose with relegation

I just looked at the letter. I also said Sam would continue to play Kevin Nolan who was getting slower by the hour and our marquee signing would be Kenwyne Jones.

If he signs this month I'll start doing the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by gill1948
    I happen to agree with most of what you have said .how can we get so far with a work permit on a loan signing and then dither and lose out?

it says everything about the man ,his lack of style and his inability to adapt when Heitinga hasn't had a league game all season but would prefer to turn us down and a place on the bench!
    Why oh why did we have chambers a rb or cb on the bench and prefer to play a left sided midfielder at right back. did we fight back after the break yes but only to the shock of the supporters as he actually reverted to two up front.
    I say its time for g&s to act and warn sam that city will probably rest a few on Tuesday and whilst out of the tie we could get some pride back and that they expect him to play an attacking formation with players in their rightful position or he's gone because a A?4M PAYOFF is nothing compared to what they will lose with relegation
    gill1948

We have nothing to lose and everythi

As a season ticket holder for longer than I wish to remember these days it must be obvious to the board how the crowd feel about the spineless approach to yesterdays first half performance. the continued lack of option b. the playing out of position of certain players whilst his favourites keep getting selected - just wait and watch Nolan come straight back into the side on Tuesday. Jarvis was awful yesterday and got one of the loudest cheers when subbed. I just think its the ideal game for us to go out with some passion and tell him if he cant get his players to give us that then he's gone. If only

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)