+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This site is no longer fit for purpose

This site is no longer fit for purpose

Just typed out my player ratings from last night in response to D_D's. It took me over an hour with constant shimmering of the reply space. Finally posted and guess what? Yes...****ing lost. I give up.

re: This site is no longer fit for purpose

Quote Originally Posted by ellafella
    Just typed out my player ratings from last night in response to D_D's. It took me over an hour with constant shimmering of the reply space. Finally posted and guess what? Yes...****ing lost. I give up.
    A shame to hear Ella! I always look forward to your posts. For me, the site is currently working fine. Can I ask what platform you're using to access/contribute to the site?

If you can be ****d to type them up again, I'd like to read your ratings and opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by D_D
    A shame to hear Ella! I always look forward to your posts. For me, the site is currently working fine. Can I ask what platform you're using to access/contribute to the site?

If you can be ****d to type them up again, I'd like to read your ratings and opinions![/quote]

Thanks D_D. That's very good encouragement. I will endeavour to do so this evening. I was using Internet Explorer I believe on Windows 7.

Have to agree with Ella, to do this has taken 5 loadings of site and change of internet software.

The basics are not working. It will be a great shame if regular posters drift away because of this since the banter is better than other sites.

It seems to slow up during the day.

It worked better before. Plenty of messageboards work fine . It ought to be possible to do something. But another period off whilst the servers or whatever are sorted could be fatal to peoples willingness to persevere.

( Chrome kept failing so switched to internet explorer, which is a crap programme by other standards)

you mean you don't 'copy' your text before you hit the 'post' button ella? school boy error!

anything that's taken me longer than a minute to type (which ain't much to be fair) I always copy. saved me a fair few times.

I Havnt found any probs when loggin in or using the board through Firefox or iPad etc
    Would be useful to see if there is a link between the fault and internet exploring software

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid
    you mean you don't 'copy' your text before you hit the 'post' button ella? school boy error!

anything that's taken me longer than a minute to type (which ain't much to be fair) I always copy. saved me a fair few times.[/quote]

Normally I type it in Word and then copy...so good advice Rapid.

To be honest I think we have all been patient with the site... I dont know if someone is working on the problems in the background but if they are they should bleedin tell us.
    It's almost impossible to post on my ipad.. And I now suffer from epilepsy as the thing jumps round like a loony.
    I like this site and the posters (Bstand aside).. but I will only give it another couple of weeks then wont waste my time anymore.

when that happens to me, sometimes it works if you press back and it'll take you back to your post then copy it to be safe. But really ella an hour? wow.

Quote Originally Posted by triz
    when that happens to me, sometimes it works if you press back and it'll take you back to your post then copy it to be safe. But really ella an hour? wow.[/quote]

Brilliance takes time Triz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)