+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A point but it could have been better

A point but it could have been better

an untried back four , ok fair enough , had to be due to injury and suspensions , but to leave burke and macheda on the bench and not even pick zigic in the squad is just plain stupidity on behalf of the manager , he should have had zigic ,macheda and burke playing from the off, that way derby wouldn't have had a free run at us, to play novak and lovenkrands as first choice sums up how clark thinks ...and when you can work it out please let the rest of us know how in gods he thought that would be a better pick than mine !

re: A point but it could have been better

Agree about Burke. How can he leave out the only guy that always makes things happen!

to be fair Burkes last show against Swansea was way down compared to how others played that day. maybe Clark noticed that to

I agree - always mystifies me to see Burke left out but he does seem to be a player who ups his game after spending a little bit of time on the bench. Today was a good example. Seeing so many new young players put straight into the side certainly smacked of desperation and, with no time to see how they integrate into a team, it sounded like Clark's tactics were all over the map in the first half. It's pre-season training being enacted in a crucial mid-season home game. But I take my hat off to Clark nonetheless - he's doing a good job getting talent in through the door with no money. Perhaps he could have introduced them in a more controlled fashion though.

I think it's a case of Clarke having to do what he can with what's availablle.
    All of the new kids that played yesterday looked ok, that was one of the better games at Stan's this season.

Glass half full for me.
    KRO

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)