+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Experience Still Needed

Experience Still Needed

I hope today's result convinces Steve that we must get an experienced defender in the emergency loan period to stand a chance of going up.

re: Experience Still Needed

The players showed a lack of thinking the last 20 minutes, but so did the management, ok take bam ford off but put on Thorne or even whitbread on, not another attacker...expected more from Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman47
    The players showed a lack of thinking the last 20 minutes, but so did the management, ok take bam ford off but put on Thorne or even whitbread on, not another attacker...expected more from Steve
    Steve's positive substitutions have worked for him up to today so why change them? Even when we've been winning he's brought on attackers for attackers. I've got no issue with the management.

Eustace looked tired and lacks mobility. He should have been substituted - he's struggling to do the job he's there for.

Mind you there were one or two others who made some bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear DCFC
    Steve's positive substitutions have worked for him up to today so why change them? Even when we've been winning he's brought on attackers for attackers. I've got no issue with the management.[/quote]

while I agree with your general point he got it badly wrong today mate (probably for the first time to be fair). we were cruising. he took hughes off who was arguably our best player and we immediately stopped controlling the game. martin was very good, holding the ball up and linking everything. as soon as he went off the ball was never going to stick.

like you say I'd much rather see us go for a goal at 3-1 and get pegged back to 3-3 on the odd occasion if it means keep attacking. under nige

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid
    Steve's positive substitutions have worked for him up to today so why change them? Even when we've been winning he's brought on attackers for attackers. I've got no issue with the management.[/quote]

while I agree with your general point he got it badly wrong today mate (probably for the first time to be fair). we were cruising. he took hughes off who was arguably our best player and we immediately stopped controlling the game. martin was very good, holding the ball up and linking everything. as soon as he went off the ball was never going to stick.

like you say I'd much rather see us go for a goal at 3-1 and get pegged back to 3-3 on the odd occa

Quote Originally Posted by ramspride
    I hope today's result convinces Steve that we must get an experienced defender in the emergency loan period to stand a chance of going up.

I doubt we will find an experienced quality defender available for loan!

The fact is if we needed that then last summer was when we should have bought one and you cant blame that on McClaren.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)