+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHUKS

CHUKS

Beginnng to look the part now after some doubts from a section of fans esp last season, 2 great strikes on Sat esp first one, as good as NP`s strike at Gillingham a few seasons back IMO, stole the ball from a Sheffield player in the other half too! he won`t be here next season thats for sure, best player we have right now and nice to see his first goal featured on the end credits of the FL show Sat, that proves how good it was!

re: CHUKS

His first goal was excellent in terms of the build up, but the finish was a big deflection to take it over the keeper, just FYI.

You are deluded if you think that was better than Powells 35-40 yard goal!!!!

Deflection or not it was class at any level!

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeDS
    His first goal was excellent in terms of the build up, but the finish was a big deflection to take it over the keeper, just FYI.
    No deflection on that shot, hits under the ball & curls it from outside the post.

No deflection from where I was sitting. The commentary did say that the ball was deflected, although perhaps the only factor was the wind's effect on the flight of the ball. Great strike, but in my opinion, not as classy as our own Nick Powell's wonder goal against Gillingham. For me, the best Powell goal was his last for the Alex on Wembley's hallowed turf. Having said that, we cannot take anything away from Chucks as most of his strikes this season have been fantastic.

Powell at Gillingham, never forget it. When it left his foot, remember thinking "who's he passing to?" Pure class!!

Chuks has really come on, seemed to finish last season quite strong, (was my MOM in the JPT final), and after a slow start to this season seems to be blossoming in that "no. 10" role!! Much too good for League 1 !!

Interesting piece in the Sentinel re Chucks - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by Timon
    No deflection on that shot, hits under the ball & curls it from outside the post.[/quote]

The video shows a rather large deflection as he hits the ball...

Chuks is one of those players who every time I see him he does nothing and then when I don't see a game everyone goes crazy and he has the game of his life. I think I need to stay away from more Alex games from now on!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast