+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Groundhog day

Groundhog day

I put this post on a few weeks ago after the Doncaster game. We struggled to beat Charlton in the meantime. We just don't have the players to play 'Uwe's way' ... he knows that himself, that's why he tinkers with the team selection every week.:/

'It's the players not the manager'

Today confirmed to me what I have felt all season. We have a bunch of players who simply don't have the qualities necessary to be consistent week in week out in this division. Being outplayed by a team who have not won for eight games, and who sit 3rd from bottom in the league, is extremely worrying. Given that DW has clearly vetoed any move in the transfer market for a top quality striker and a strong centre midfielder - where we are really lacking - Uwe has as much chance as his predecessor of getting us back in the top flight. I thought at the time that Owen Coyle was treated harshly by Whelan - probably because he wanted to move for players in the transfer market - and that Rosler will fare no better

re: Groundhog day

At least we'll stay up, and maybe have a bit of a cup run into the 5th round, but no Wembley this year, I'm afraid.

optimistic as usual - view external link

re: Groundhog day

Quote Originally Posted by laticRMI
    Today confirmed to me what I have felt all season. We have a bunch of players who simply don't have the qualities necessary to be consistent week in week out in this division.
    I don't agree in the slightest.
    How can a team get any sort of consistency when there are 4 or 5 changes from game to game?
    And I don't think the changes have anything to do with him not knowing his best XI. He does it coz that's the way he believes it should be done - just search the internet & you can find numerous examples of him talking about it as well as Brentford fans discussing him doing it there.
    Also, if he did it coz he didn't know his best XI then why does he seem to leave out those players who've been amongst the best the game before?

As for Coyle being harshly treated -my **** he was. He was garbage. Players out of position left, right & centre, tactically inept, non-existent fitness training, lack of scouting on the opposition & a squad of

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)